change of party size

EMH
By EMH,
in

If you make back to back bids on Priceline do you get the same deals?

e.g.

I am setting up a bachelor party for a weekend.

7 guys are staying three nights. 10 guys are staying 2 nights.

This means I need 4 rooms for the first night and 5 rooms for the second and third night.

Should I risk bidding on them separately?

i.e. bid on 4 rooms for three nights and 1 room for two nights?

What are the chances they are in the same hotel given the same parameters (price location etc.)

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding, EMH.

You need four rooms Night 1 and five rooms Nights 2 & 3.

1) If you break up the stay and bid the days separately you could win two different hotels and everyone would have to move.

2) You could bid four rooms for three nights and one room for two nights. One of your five roommate groups might be at a different hotel than the other four, but noone would have to move.

3) Buy five rooms for three nights all in one reservation and waste the one unneeded night. That's the only way to guarantee everyone at the same hotel and no moves.

BUT...

PRICELINE reservations only guarantee one bed. If you guys want two bed rooms you should maybe look at HOTWIRE too and search on 3 or 4 adults, whatever it is. That will guarantee bedding for your whole party. If you see anything interesting post the icons and someone will try to ID.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking this PRICELINE link.

Then, what is the destination, dates of your stay, desired star rating and budget (per nite before taxes and fees)? What are your thoughts regarding the occupancy risk Colfax mentions above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]