Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Marriott Pinacle

SusanCruiser
By SusanCruiser,
in

I am interested in 5-star location in downtown Vancouver and I see where that can only be Pan Pacific or Sutton Place on Hotwire. I'd be happy with either so using the advice here, I researched hotels & car, then went back to hotels. Today there is one 5-star choice with same amenities and it appears to be Sutton Place.

I do not want to assume I am thinking correctly so could someone check behind me and reassure me?!!! It appears as if I accept the 5-star accomodation offered, it will be Sutton Place...no guessing.

Also, has anyone had bad experiences with Sutton Place after reserving through Hotwire.?

Finally, I don't see the same opportunity to absolutely get the PP or SP through Priceline. Am I correct?

I do not want to assume I am thinking correctly so could someone check behind me and reassure me?!!! It appears as if I accept the 5-star accomodation offered, it will be Sutton Place...no guessing.

[snip]

Finally, I don't see the same opportunity to absolutely get the PP or SP through Priceline. Am I correct?

You're right - there's no way to be sure of getting PP or SP through Priceline, and it's pretty unlikely.

From living in Vancouver, I'm pretty sure there are only three possibilities that could be 5* hotels: Four Seasons, Pan Pacific, and Sutton Place.

But it's possible Hotwire could stretch the meaning of 5* and include some other hotel - not likely but possible. The Four Seasons is very highly unlikely to appear on Hotwire.

If you look at the amenities for Sutton Place, does it have anything unique that Pan Pacific doesn't have? All people can report is what the amenities have been in the past. It's always possible these will change.

There are two 5-star hotels in Vancouver under Hotels + Car packages (June 1, one night):

Sutton Place: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, Golf Nearby, Business Center

Pan Pacific: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa

Looking back under hotels only, I see only one choice for 5-stars. It has the following amenites: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, Golf Nearby, Business Center. That matches with Sutton.

HOTWIRE will only show you one hotel in each zone at each star level... you won't see both 5* hotels shown on a search.

All signs point to this being the Sutton, but you are buying an opaque product, and you have to accept the chance that this could be something different. Based upon this star rating i would think the chances of it being something different are low, but there are no guarantees, otherwise nobody would ever book direct.

Let us know if we can be of more help and/or what you decide to do. Please use this HOTWIRE link if you purchase it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When I look at the packages possibilities, the Pan Pacific is almost double the cost of the Sutton.

The PP is not likely to be listed as low as the one you are talking about (although you never did give us a price, but I suspect it is about $149, is that right?).

The Sutton's direct booking price is about $185 US, while the best rate at the PP is $240 US. So, I think it is unlikely that you would come up with the PP, but there might always be a surprise.

Yes, the amenities listed for PanPac do not match between "hotel + car" & "hotel only" so considering there are only two 5-star hotels downtown, how could it be anything but the Sutton? (unless they DON'T give you a 5-star). Price is $143.00 I just want to make sure I'm thinking about this correctly.

BYW, I would go for 4-stars in a heartbeart...any of the hotels they list with a 4-star would be fine with me EXCEPT Pacific Palisades. Not at all what we want & with my luck, that's what I'd end up with!

Your thinking is correct on the Sutton, but as nobody has actually seen the name of the hotel and there could alway be another hotel that we don't yet know about with the same exact amenities and the same exact star rating, we can't say with absolute certainty what it is.

I think you are about as close as you can come to knowing what this property is without actually seeing the name of it, and i would be very surprised if it wasn't the Sutton, but ultimately you are responsible for your purchase.

You can use the amenities known to be associated with the Pacific Palisades in order avoid it (choose a hotel that does not match the amenities of the Pacific Palisades), but again, there are no guarantees; as well you could get a 4* hotel that has not yet been reported in our lists as new hotels are added all the time and star ratings/amenities are subject to change.

In order to get the deep discounts that are offered, you have to give up something, in this case it's seeing the actual name of the hotel before your purchase. I think we have shown you ways that you can receive hotels that meet your criteria, and also be reasonably certain of the hotel you will receive, but you need to be comfortable with the concept of an opaque purchase... you will never be 100% certain until after you have agreed to make your purchase.

Please use this link if you do move forward with HOTWIRE.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We decided to forego trying for the 5-diamond...although I felt 90% sure it was Sutton, it was just too risky for $140+.

Moved down to 4-diamond and got the Marriott Vancouver Pinnacle for June 1 at $60.00 on my first try. I'm happy with that!

For that date, web rates start around $210.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]