Priceline Hotel: Failed Bid Victoria B.C. - 4 star bids for a four

KRXNLS
By KRXNLS,
in

As there are currently no free bids for Victoria (all zones other than downtown are greyed out), I bid 3 times with the 72hours wait in between each try.

My bids were $70, $80, and $85.00.

The last bid was today,May 1st.

Unfortunately no more time left so we will be off to our 3star backup this time!

It is very busy in Victoria right now, cruise ships are starting up, eastern Canadians and Americans are booking hotels to get away from the cold, and there are extremely heavy Asian tourism bookings. This is the transition period, and things may slow down, but right now, everything looks so busy that probably few places want to discount at all.

I guess that is what you are seeing, but it is very useful to get that report!

• 1 month later...

I, too, wondered why the "Oak Bay Area" & "Victoria Airport Area" are greyed-out. Why even have them on the list? I tried every month between now & October and they continue to be greyed-out. Am I missisng something?

The Victoria Airport zone has been active occasionally. But it seems to be greyed out most often. Maybe the hotels are only interested in very limited participation.

I think the Oak Bay area is not active, because there is only one hotel in that area, that I know of. It's a very nice one, but it wouldn't be an opaque purchase.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]