Priceline Hotel: 3* Scranton-Poconos (Tannersville-Bartonsville) Chateau Resort Camelbk

Jerseyguy
By Jerseyguy,
in

Really wanted to stay in Stroudsburg but after using all my free rebids I added Tannersville/Bartonsville as its not that far. I had a sinking feeling that maybe I shouldn't have and I was right. The Tripadvisor reviews are horrible for The Chateau. There goes $50 down the drain, not staying at this dump.

Chateau Resort & Conference Center

300 Camelback Road

Tannersville, PA 18372

90 out of the 152 reviews rate it poor or terrible.

Beware of bidding in Tannersvile/Bartonsville as this is a 3* the highest in this zone

most of the hotels in the Pocono's are very inconsistent, somewhat like the NJ Shore, and as such, not a good area for bidding. Its a zone that you might want to think about a direct purchase or consider HOTWIRE since you might be able to identify the property using the amenity icons. The best of the bunch in this area is the Hampton Inn, but this place is frequently sold out on weekends along with high rates. You might want to consider the Comfort Inn located in Bartonsville, haven't stayed in over a year, but it has an indoor pool with hot tub and the rooms were clean and a notch above Pocono standards.

• 3 weeks later...

I sometimes have to stay in this area for early morning meetings & I agree with previous poster that the area is very inconsistent with hotel quality. I have stayed a few times at the Budget Inn & Suites in East Stroudsburg & I highly recommend them. I usually get an excellent rate there & the rooms have always been spotless.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]