Priceline Hotel: 3* Honolulu (Waikiki South) Park Shore Waikiki

flyingland
By flyingland,
in

I anticipated to see Park Shore Waikiki since it showed up as "Favorite" at package deals. I started with $52/night and won on the first try.

Offer Price: $52

Total nights: 5

Subtotal: $260.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $41.71

Total Charge: $301.71

Does anyone know about parking / airport transportation ? We are thinking of taking the shuttle to the hotel and getting a car for the weekend. Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid with the rest of the board.

I don't know the area personally, but keep tabs on this thread (you can subscribe to it using the "track this topic" link in the bottom left corner so you get alerted whenver there is a reply) as i'm sure there are a few here that will be able to offer advice regarding transportation.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Transportation from the airport to hotel is usually by shuttle. Major resorts have their own free ones (Park Shore doesn't), everybody else uses the ones operated by Roberts at the airport. $8/person one-way. Expect to pay $25 for taxi. Oahu's bus system is probably the best in the nation - it goes everywhere and costs $2 with one transfer. You can get a 4-day pass for $20 - good bargain.

Here's the airport ground transportation link - it shows the shuttles, all the car rental places and taxis: http://www.hawaii.gov/dot/airports/oahu/hn...round_trans.htm

For The Bus: http://www.thebus.org/. Click on "Fares and Passes", then scroll down to where it says "Visitor Pass" on the left. You can buy your Bus pass at the ABC store that's on virtually every corner.

I don't know how much Park Shore charges for parking (it's not on their website), but most in Waikiki are $10-$14 a day. Give them a call at 1-800-367-2377 and ask.

I've recently won a PL bid for an economy car from National for $14/day for late Sept. Rates vary dramatically between low and high season. While The Bus is great, car rental is really the way to go to see Kailua/Lanikai/Waimanolo beaches, Polynesian Cultural Center, North Shore, and tons of fun things outside Waikiki. You can do them with The Bus, but it might be crowded, and it won't be air conditioned. I'm happy to drive a tiny car because 1) they are rather fun if the drive is short and at moderate speed, and that's all they've got on Oahu, 2) it's less likely to tempt a thief, 3) it fits best in the small slots most Waikiki hotels have in their garages, and 4) I'm cheap. Aloha!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]