Priceline Hotel: When to bid for Anaheim/Disneyland Area?

ethansmom
By ethansmom,
in

Need advice on when would be the best time to bid for Anaheim/Disneyland area. Planning on staying 3 nights beginning June 12. Would like to bid for 3.5-4* with a max price of $75 per night. Would it be best to bid now 3 months out or wait closer to our arrival date? I am concerned if I wait too long then I may have to bid higher for the same star category. In the past I have bid about 3-5 days prior to arrival but with the summer season in full swing by June, I want to make sure I am not scrambling at the last minute.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Please follow-up your previous Priceline Austin thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look and comment on your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

See the related 'Bid Early or Close to Arrival' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Once you're ready to begin bidding let us know the zone(s) you're willing to accept as well as whether you're willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR if your goal is the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay, we'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please click this PRICELINE link before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Took a look at the map on priceline and i will be willing to extend bid area to the Orange/Garden Grove area. My first choice would be Disney/Anaheim Area but since we will have our car, I am willing to extend the bidding zone areas to the Orange/Garden Grove area in an effort to increase my chances of what I want. The lowest star level I would bid for would be a 3*. I am willing to pay slightly more but really goal is to control costs in Anaheim since we will traveling to 2 other CA cites as well as Las Vegas.

The max I want to pay is 80 per night for a 3.5-4* and would be happy with a nice 3* like a Holiday Inn for example.

My goal is the least expensive 3.5 or better for this stay.

Thanks.

So to confirm... a 3.5* or better hotel in either the Disneyland-Anaheim or Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove zone with a maximum bid of $80. Assuming i have this correct...

At the 3.5* level you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Disneyland-Anaheim...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* Disneyland-Orange-Garden Grove AND Disneyland-Anaheim...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected don't get discouraged, just post back and we'll revise to try again after 24 hours.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]