Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Mission Valley-Hotel Circle) Crowne Plaza

benjoe
By benjoe,
in

Greetings. What is this hotel on Hotwire: "San Diego area Old Town 3*"

Amenities: Airport Shuttle, Business Center, Pool, Laundry Facilities, Restaurant, Internet

Price: $87

Here is another one one: "Mission Valley - Hotel Circle area Hotel 3*"

Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center

Price: $65

Many thanks.

Are you sure you have the amenities correct on the 3* Old Town property and/or are you still seeing this property, as i'm seeing a slightly different offer when searching HOTWIRE for your dates.

The 3* Mission Valley property matches both the Crowne Plaza and the Doubletree, so either of these would be my best guess for this one, although i'd slightly favor the Crowne Plaza being the more likely of the two.

I'll also point out a 2.5* in the Mission Valley-Hotel Circle zone for just $17/nite!!! This property has not yet been reported to the board, includes breakfast, and gets decent reviews (3.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating, 85% recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests, and 3.5-4.5 on all the criteria HOTWIRE asks users above). From the breakdown my guess (from that review criteria breakdown) is that it's an older hotel which may be getting a little worn around the edges, but clean and functional, with a great location. Not sure of your needs for this stay, but for $17/nite certainly may be worth a shot.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm thinking of getting 2 $17 rooms. If it was only me, I would try the $17 room, but my mother and uncle are with me, and I would never hear the end of it, if the hotel was a fleabag. We all know the 2 sayings: "You get what you pay for" and "If it is too good to be true, it probably is." I'll decide in a few days. Many thanks.

Using the Hotels.com map and amenities offered in the description as a guide, nothing matches perfectly, but the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham comes closest. The only amenity lacking is the business center. None of the 2.5* has a business center in the description. I don't know if the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham ever comes up in a HOTWIRE listing. I'd be happy with the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham. Thanks.

I don't have a guess as to the 2.5* property, and if no additional info was provided i would probably stay away too... but i'd take comfort in the 3.5/5.0 TA rating and the HOTWIRE user reviews where it receives mostly 4.0 for the criteria surveyed (acknowledging that it's 3.5 for condition (which is why i stated it may be ready for a make-over) but also has a 4.5 for location)

I wouldn't expect the Ritz, but i'd certainly think you'll get much more than your $20 worth.

You could also see if this appears when for:

2 rooms / 4/4-4/5 and then again 2rooms 4/5-4/6

Purchase the frist nite to 'look behind the curtain'... if you're happy with the results then purchase the additional nite; if not, make other plans and change hotels after the first nite

OR

1room for either nite and spend the $25 to 'look behind the curtain'... then decide if you are happy enough with the hotel to fill-in the additional nites for $17. (if not check into the hotel anyway, see the room but stay elsewhere, and return for breakfast the next morning for the three of you :) ... at least you'll feel you got something for the $25)

Ultimately it's your stay so you (and your mother and uncle) need to be happy with your decision, but for $20 it's a little hard to pass up, imo.

PS- maybe the Rodeway Inn... not my first choice of brands, but this property seems to get decent reviews. Also, did you doublecheck the amenities on the first property you asked about in the first post of this thread?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The amenities above match previous reports for the Comfort Suites, but i have my doubts that this is the hotel you're seeing, as the positive review information shown on HOTWIRE doesn't sync with the current (mostly) negative reviews i'm seeing for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received one of the hotels you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]