Priceline Hotel: Pricline Hotels on Molokai?

Houston11
By Houston11,
in

My wife and I will be on Maui in early September, and we would like to spend one or two nights on Molokai while we are there. I haven't seen anything on this website about the hotels Priceline has available on Molokai. When I go to Priceline, it indicates that they do have hotels on Molokai. Does anyone know what hotels Priceline has available on Molokai?

My wife and I will be on Maui in early September, and we would like to spend one or two days on Molokai while we are there. I haven't seen anything on this website about the hotels Hotwire has available on Molokai. When I go to Hotwire, it indicates that they do have two hotels on Molokai.

The first is a three star hotel for $92. The amenities are - Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool and Laundry Facilities.

The second is a two and a half star condo for $103. It's amenities are Near Beach, Kitchenette, Pools, Free Parking and Laundry Facilities.

Does anyone know which hotels these are?

I have posted a similar question in the Priceline section.

I would guess that the hotel is the Hotel Molokai and the condo is the Castle Villas, but haven't been to Molokai in a few years.

The Hotel Molokai is near Kaunakakai (the 'main' town on the island) and the Villas are on the west side, near Maunaloa historic town. Both are fairly nice properties, but nothing spectacular. We had dinner and drinks a couple of times at the Hotel Molokai and really liked the feel of the place and the people we met. It has a bit of a kitschy Polynesian theme to it, yet we liked it! Didn't see the room interiors except as glances through windows or doors, but it looked nice enough.

The villas are on the golf course (which was only half-way re-opened when we were there) and near a wonderful huge long beach. But it is a pretty quiet area. I don't know what kind of amenities they would have - don't expect a restaurant and/or lounge on site. The buildings looked nice enough, but we didn't actually go inside.

In either case, the Hotwire price doesn't exactly look like a great deal because both Orbitz and Expedia list prices about $5 to $10 more. You might get a better deal through Priceline, what are your dates?

Molokai is a very beautiful island with some incredible scenery, but it is nothing like the other islands. I loved it, but I know some people find it boring.

Hmmm, I was focusing on Hotwire before. I see that Priceline has both a 1* and 2* property listed. I would guess the 2* is the Hotel Molokai, but have no idea about the 1*. I wouldn't even consider the 1*. And you should read the reviews of the Hotel Molokai at TripAdvisor, they are all over the place. I would say if you want quiet, go for the condo and if you want to be part of the island night life, go for the Hotel. But again, read the reviews of several of the condo properties, so you get a sense of what kind of propery is most likely.

If you are interested, I can highly recommend a small cottage to rent right on the ocean, but I think they have a 3 night minimum. It was a fabulous spot, but a bit of a drive from town, stores, etc.

Not sure I would stay in a Molokai hotel, either. It's the kind of island more suited to a rental cottage or at least a b&b. I could recommend a nice cottage on the "wild" east end of the island, but my guess is that it's more suited to a stay longer than 2 nights. For two nights, find the b&b listings and pick one out that looks nice. You'll undoubtedly get a warm Molokai welcome.

FWIW, everyone in Hawaii will think you're crazy for going to Molokai, but if you like things rural and peaceful, it's a very pleasant place to visit.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]