hillsboro 3 star $49 rejected 4/9-4/12

hillsboro 2.5 star $49 rejected 4/9-4/12

Tuesday 3/15/11

Hillsboro 3 star $51 rejected 4/11-4/14

priceline winning bids:

priceline says there is a 3 star winning bid of $51 for Hillsboro

and a 3.5 star winning bid for $65

2.5 stars $50 2 star $40

hotwire has hillsboro 2.5 star for $52 and Beaverton 3 star $59 Beaverton w/breakfast, fitness center, pool, and hi speed internet

2.5 star $55

Travelocity top secret lists 3 star in Beaverton for $57

It looks like the 3 star hotels on priceline are nicer than the 3 star hotel on hotwire. I am so far just bidding on the 3 star hotels, maybe 2.5 on priceline

Would rather be in hillsboro but beaverton is a fairly close second choice.

Pretty flexible on dates, either 4/9-4/12 or 4/11-4/14

Can I rebid and change the date by just one day with same overlapping days?

i.e.

4/9-4/12, then 4/10-4/13, then 4/11-4/14, then 4/12-4/15, then 4/13-4/16

Can I rebid and change the date by just one day with same overlapping days?

i.e.

4/9-4/12, then 4/10-4/13, then 4/11-4/14, then 4/12-4/15, then 4/13-4/16

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, the above is all acceptable. Anytime you change the check-in or check-out date it is treated as an entirely new bids.

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel in Hillsboro thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It looks like the 3 star hotels on priceline are nicer than the 3 star hotel on hotwire.

Hotwire is a little more generous with the stars than Hotwire is. Not 100% consistent, but it seems Hotwire runs about a 1/2 star higher than Priceline for the same hotel.

Romelle

Holiday Inn Express

Hotels.com $112 4/9-4/12 $140 4/11-4/14

Tripadvisor $110 4/9-4/12 $160 4/11-4/14

AAA $112 4/9-4/12 $140 4/11-4/14

Courtyard by Marriot Hillsboro

Hotels.com $169 4/9-4/12 $169 4/11-4/14

Tripadvisor $170 4/9-4/12 and 4/11-4/14

AAA $144 4/9-4/12 and 4/11-4/14

Courtyard by Marriot Beaverton

AAA $110 4/11-4/14

Residence Inn

Hotels.com $189 4/9-4/12 $189 4/11-4/14

Tripadvisor $190 4/9-4/12 $190 4/11-4/14

AAA $161 4/9-4/12 $161 4/11-4/14

Hilton Garden Inn Beaverton

Hotels.com $84 4/9-4/12 $152 4/11-4/14

Tripadvisor $100 4/9-4/12 $160 4/11-4/14

AAA $84.52 4/9-4/12 $152.38 4/11-4/14

Phoenix INN Beaverton $89 at AAA 4/9-4/12

I just don't want to stay at the Extended Stay America

I stayed there last time and would like a little nicer place this time.

Yes, I was disappointed last time I got a hotwire hotel

I thought I was getting a 3 star hotel like you might see in the Triple A travel books

but it was more of a 2 star hotel, though I was perfectly comfortable, I was just a little let down

but for $44 a night, it was okay.

So it appears your best option at the moment is the Hilton Garden Inn for $84 for 4/9/-4/12. Given this rate, how high would you be willing to bid for a 3* hotel in this zone... considering your thoughts on this property vs. the 'unknown' 3* you might get by bidding?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Hilton Garden Inn or Hotels.com link if you decide to book this property directly)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually I'm surprised since the "regular" price is $84 they haven't already accepted my offer of $51. I wonder if the Hilton Garden is just not on their list at this time

I was hoping to get something for under $60 a night. Of course I would love to get it for even less.

Anything listed on the 3* hotel list here on the forum looks good to me.

I can always stay with my friend if it starts getting too high, so I'm keep playing in the low numbers hoping for a good deal. It's kind of nice to have your own place and not impose on people when staying more than one night.

By the way, using the link here to get to PRICELINE

:)

If I just go on every day and bid the same $51 is there a chance they will take it eventually if different hotels become available and as the date gets closer?

I can always get the $59 hotel from HOTWIRE or Travelocity secret hotels.

The last time the Hilton Garden Inn was reported to the board was back in 2005... it has appeared on HOTWIRE in the high-$50's but not since 2008. The hotel may be discounting their own rates (since the $84 is a non-refundable rate) and not offering rooms to the opaque suppliers much cheaper in hopes of keeping the reservations in-house.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Travelocity link if you decide to that route)

What I get tired of is every time I bid I have to have the security code off the front of my AMEX card.

Why can't they store that info so I don't have to get up and go get my wallet every day when I do this?

What's the point of registering with Priceline with a password if they won't keep your info on file

Sorry. It just seems so stupid.

As the name implies, it's a security issue so that if somebody gains access to your account, or somehow obtains your credit card number (say from an old receipt thrown away) that they won't be able to charge rooms to your account. It's only 4 digits, so you should be able to memorize it fairly easily... or just write down the 4 digit code on a separate piece of paper near your computer :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

So it appears your best option at the moment is the Hilton Garden Inn for $84 for 4/9/-4/12. Given this rate, how high would you be willing to bid for a 3* hotel in this zone... considering your thoughts on this property vs. the 'unknown' 3* you might get by bidding?

???

Travelocity top secret lists 3 star in Beaverton for $57

Travelocity Top Secret charges lower transaction fees than Priceline, so the TTS @ $57 ultimately costs less than a $55 bid on Priceline would.

For three nights the Travelocity @ $57 comes to $188.58 with fees, and a Priceline bid @ $55 totals $195.45 with fees.

I tried to ID the Travelocity 3* and was unable. It has a 5/5 review rating though, so it ought to be something decent at least.

If you buy it please let us know what you get.

While the Travelocity property may be rated less than 3* by PRICELINE, your failed 2.5* bids are already approaching the same price as the 3* Travelocity hotel... at what point do you go for that?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Travelocity link if you go with the above)

You're right. I'm getting about to my limit on the PRICELINE bids and will have to rethink the hotwire and Travelocity offers.

The Travelocity property lists internet as their only amenity, which seems strange in a 3* . Wouldn't mind getting a breakfast at the hotel.

I'll go back and look at them some more.

Will let you know what I decide.

Using the links here to get to HOTWIRE and Travelocity

Priceline winning bids is now listing a 3 star won 6 days ago in Hillsboro/Beaverton for $90

I don't know. For that, I think I'd just as soon know ahead of time what hotel I'm getting and get

either the Hilton Garden Inn or the Phoenix Inn for $85.. They both have good reviews on tripadvisor.

I've got time, so I'll keep submitting low bids for a few more days just in case, but then I think I'll go directly to the hotel site

I've come to realize that location is pretty important to me and I was willing to give up location if I got a really cheap rate

but once I'm up past $60 per day plus around $10 per day in fees, it's not that much more to just get the hotel at the location I want, close to my friends house.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]