> path

> train station where we might also get a good view of the city and wont

> have to

> drive once our car is parked? we are coming from va. and really need help

> as

> we want to go for 4 nights, Wed May 18 to Sunday May 22 thank you very

> much,

> Brian Hambrick

There is no way to single out a particular hotel on Priceline. For Jersey City, the Doubletree Club hotel also comes up as a 3*. If you bid higher in an effort to win a particular hotel, you may end up overbidding on the hotel that is assigned. If you are looking into a 2.5*, a Courtyard by Marriott comes up for Jersey City that is very close to a PATH station.

You could try winning the Hyatt on Hotwire by matching the star level & amenities. However, the rates appear to be high for your dates. Looking at the Hyatt rates, your $100 seems low compared to the $250 rate from hyatt.com. Hotwire is showing it for around $216.

If you look at the list of Hotwire hotels, this is what you will want to look for:

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson

3.5* Amenities: Restaurant, Pool, Business Center

If i were to try and bid on Hyatt New Jersey, what should I try to bid and how do i go about it?? I love this hotel and have only been there once, I live in Virginia. Also, any recommendations of any other hotel on the water just like the Hyatt and one with the same 5 min. walk distance to the PATH train there? I didn't pay much attention to the other hotels while I was there if there are any. Any help would be appreciated!!

I really would like the Hyatt , but how do i go about it properly and is there another hotel w/ the same criteria? Thank you a bunch,,Brian

We can suggest a strategy, but given current price in all likelihood you're not likely to get the Hyatt... i would think about whether you want to target the Candlewood, Courtyard, or Doubletree.

All are close enough to a PATH train, but in order of proximiately: Courtyard, Doubletree, Candlewood.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How does the Hyatt and the Doubletree compare in walking distance to the Path Stations? is the view the same from both hotels and are they both right on the waterfront? If im going to try and bid on the Hyatt through Priceline what should i start my bid at to avoid the Doubletree considering there is a method I think to this? My dates I want to stay are May 18 Wed. through May 22 Sunday! Also , when and how does hotwire bring their prices down, would I be better waiting till closer till time or No? thanks, Brian

If you have questions, please use the "Add Reply" button instead of a new post. Take a look at what was previously posted, as it addresses your questions.

The Doubletree Club has an online rate of $149 for your dates. The Hyatt still is over $279 for your first two nights. Chances are that the Doubletree will be the hotel that will come up on Priceline. If you do not want to win the Doubletree, then Priceline is not the best option for you. There is no way of bidding as to only receive the Hyatt.

Prices change depending on capacity, there is no pre-set timeframe for pricing.

From the Doubletree Club Suites website:

To NYC: Path train to Manhattan is 2 blocks away. Fare is $1.50 each way. Ten minutes to Downtown and Midtown Manhattan. Water taxi and ferry are also available. Fares range from $2.00 to $5.00 each way to Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center.

The Hyatt is adjacent to the Path Station, the Doubletree is two blocks away. Don't forget about the Candlewood, this is a bit further, but still a good location for visiting NYC.

• 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]