Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA) Hyatt Regency

casadelcerro
By casadelcerro,
in

At the 3 star level you have 2 re-bid zones....

Select 3* NMA....

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* NMA and re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bdi $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* RNA....

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* RNA and re-bid zone2...

Bdi $60, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Loop....

Select 3* Loop and re-bid zone2...

Select 3* NMA and RNA...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* NMA and Loop...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

If the above fails not sure if you want to try first for the solo date or if you want to lower your star rating... let us know how it goes and we'll follow-up from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

well I tried this and nothing took. (must be something going on that day)

So I decided to just stay the one night and try for a 4*...

So I started at $80

Rebid at $85

Rebid at $90

Rebid at $95 and was accepted.

Hyatt Regency Chicago 4*

Accepted at 95.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$22.00

Total Charges: $117.00

Let me know if I need to start a new post on this one with the winning info...

So after no success finding a room up tp $75 Dollars (*3 or better)

I waited 72hours and started with just *4

I started at $80 NMA

Rebid at $85 (added midway)

Rebid at $90 (added Lincoln park)

Rebid at $95 and was accepted.

Hyatt Regency Chicago 4*

Accepted at 95.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$22.00

Total Charges: $117.00

No need to start a new post... i'll edit this title and we'll be all set!

Thanks for sharing your win with the rest of the board, i think threads such as this show that it's not alway 1-2-3 and you win a hotel and sometimes it takes a bit of flexibility (either in price, zone, or star rating) to be successful.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have stayed at this Hotel - the free trolley stops right out front.

But, I have a question regarding it - there was a day when you could get it cheap - I think we paid $45 per night two years ago in August. And it was consistently in the $40 - 50 range because it is SOOO big. Did something happen to this hotel ?

It wouldn't surprise me to see this hotel going for around $50 in the winter - but Chicago weather is lovely this time of year, there's a lot more to do AND there are many conventions are in town. I think that's why the winning bids have been higher lately - it all really depends on the specific dates. I've never stayed at the Hyatt Regency, but it was recently renovated and it's in a great location for business and tourism alike. For less than $100 night, during the duration of a good sized convention (the Food Marketing Institute's Fancy Food Show or something like that) it's still a good deal.

They added a night club that seemed to be a big attraction. Called Hard Drive or something computer related... Not really my thing but looked like it was pretty full and jumping.

The hotel was nice. Great Location if you wanted to hit the Michigan Ave shopping. Didn't notice the Free Trolley but you could walk a few blocks and pick up most of the downtwon buses (151 etc...)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]