Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Morristown (Parsippany-Hanover) Summerfield

biddingforhotel
By biddingforhotel,
in

For 4/29 Fri, trying to get this new

3* Marriott Bridgewater, starting min $47, after seeing it asking $74 at Travelweb; this is the only 3* hotel in the Somerville - Bridgewater area. Failed, Add

2.5* and bid $52, getting second chance, knowing there is no 2.5* hotel in this area. Failed, don't want to continue on

2*, there is a Days Inn would charge $10 extra per bed...

edit by thereuare: please don't post links with specific dates in them, they contain session ids and are don't appear for other users

For 4/30 Sat, in Princeton - Monmouth Junction area, try to get

3* Chauncey Conference Center in Princeton and bid $37, the min winning bid I often got, but Failed, so I try to bid

2.5* AmeriSuites at Princeton with $40, despite of the min $33, because I failed dozen times since Hyatt acquired AmeriSuite. Still failed, so I tried again to bid on

2* at $43 since there is NO 2* hotel in this area; hoping it will upgrade me. Failed

Start again for 4/30 Sat, in Brunswick - Cranbury area, try to get

3* Holiday Inn MONROE/JAMESBURG at $33 min, Failed, then try to get

2.5* Courtyard Cranbury South Brunswick at $40, Failed, then bid

2* at $43, knowing there is no 2* hotel in this area; hoping to get an upgrade, Failed, then add

Princeton - Monmouth Junction, trying to get something at $44, but Failed

Start again for 4/30 Sat, in Langhorne - Trenton - Levittown area, try to get

3* Trenton Marriott at Lafayette Yard at $37, Failed, try to get

2.5* Courtyard Philadelphia Langhorne at $40, Failed, then bid

2* at $43, knowing there is no 2* hotel in this area; hoping to get an upgrade, Failed, then add

Princeton - Monmouth Junction, trying to get something at $45, but Failed, then add

South Brunswick - Cranbury, trying to get something at $47. Failed

For 4/30 Sat, bidding on Clinton - Lebanon, try to get

3* Holiday Inn Select Clinton, the only 3*, at $37, min I got before, but failed, travelweb showed $95, so add

2.5* Courtyard by Marriott Lebanon, the only 2.5*, at $37, min I often got, but failed, travelweb and courtyard website showed $79, quit.

Start all over again bidding on Somerset - Piscataway, to repeat

3* Marriott Somerset, at $39, but failed, guess because Travel showed $179, must be event going on. then try

2.5* Courtyard by Marriott Somerset, the only 2.5* in the area, at min $32 since Travelweb and courtyard both showed $69, but failed. Don't want to go down to

2*, may hit Ramada Inn Somerset I mishit a while ago because Travelweb shows $69, but

2* Candlewood Suites Somerset shows $96, which is more preferred for the only two 2* hotels in the area, so, add Clinton - Lebanon and bid $38, hoping to get something, but Failed. quit.

Start all over again bidding on Edison - Woodbridge, trying to get

3* Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center at $40 since Travelweb shows $89, but failed, so try to get

2.5* Hilton Garden Inn Edison/Raritan Center at $37 since travelweb shows $80, min $32 may not win. Failed again. Try to get

2* Homestead Studio Suites Woodbridge, travelweb shows $84, at $35, but failed. Quick.

I don't know anything about your situation, but have you had a recent bidding success with that credit card? Based on some reports here, a few people have had certain credit cards invisibly rejected with no indication that this has occurred other than a rejected bid.

Yes, my credit card is fine. I finally got Summerfield Suites Whippany at $67 ... It is more expensive than 3 day Courtyard Parsippany I got during spring break at $45, but Summerfield has complimentary sit down hot breakfast, and Courtyard charges $8.95 for adult and $3.95 for kids, and Summerfield is even better since it also has full kitchen that we can cook nice dinner instead of ordering take out for delivery.

I had credit card problem twice for past year when I checked in Lebanon Courtyard, but that's because the front desk staff was new, not sure how to handle priceline customer. Another one is at AmeriSuites at Plymouth Meetings, it was similar case, but since they had my records for many visits, they decide do not need my credit card for insidential cost; I asked them I had cell phone, no need for phone in room, and their breakfast is complimentary, so were high speed internet, and it was after 11pm after Barnes & Noble closed, what kind of incidential cost they can think of???? None! So, no credit card is needed, and when I checked out, there is nothing to pay; I told them I paid Priceline already. If they can not obtain payment from Priceline's credit card, it is between them, and has nothing to do with me ...

You may not know I stayed at hotel for 153 nights last year, and almost all thru priceline, and I spent much extra at many hotels like dinner and paid breakfast or Internet when not complimentary ...etc and I paid parking cost as high as $30 at Hyatt; there is no reason why priceline would invisibly reject my credit card.

I would be glad to hear anyone posted winning bid at Barking Ridge Courtyard ... I think the problem to obtain good price in the hotels in these area maybe because I did too much promotion for them. I have told many people to bid these hotels in the area, especially, people referred to me relocating to this area.

e.g. a couple relocating from Maryland to Edison NJ area, but they could not find a matched condo or apartment for rent, I advised them to bid min $35 to obtain Clarion Edison, and they bid one week each time until they finally rent a 1br condo at Edison walk to Edison Train Station since they worked in New York City, need train to commute. This particular case, if they stayed at Clairon for 6 weeks, they would take off 42 day room.

Another families often got Hilton Garden Inn at $32 last year when I told them. But, why would I do that? Because everytime I stayed at these wonderful hotels at $32 and saw the parking lot 80% vacant at 2am, I really felt that I owe the hotel. They gave me better and better room, e.g. last time Hilton Garden Inn gave me a room with 14' feel tall ceiling...

By now, you may know much more about my situation, and be honest with you, I have been monitoring multiple board like betterbidding, and I have not seen anying winning bid in these areas that I posted rejections, so I guess things may have been changed univerally, not just me not able to get ...

How do you think?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]