Hotwire Hotel: HELP: San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf)

marvel
By marvel,
in

Hi, very new to this so please be patient. When I go to Hotwire and put in San Fran Fish Wharf Area only one 4 star hotel comes

up. Do I assume that this is the Argonaut?? It is saying Restaurant and Pool etc, it is a different description than the one

in this thread. Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

You need to look at the hotel list and there are two listed at 4* - the Hyatt and the Argonaut. Also helps if you give your trip dates as this does affect what comes up. You don't tend to get more than 1 hotel come up at a time at the same star level but sometimes if you go back later it changes to a different one. Normally the customer favourite comments (if it is a customer favourite) are the biggest hint other than the amenities but as you may have seen from earlier posts the star level and the amenities can changes and does sometimes when you are right in the middle of deciding to go for it. Argonaut used to be the only 4.5 star - not its a 4 star but does not appear to have the restaurant icon.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please include the dates of your stay as well as go back to HOTWIRE and list all of the amenties that they associate with the property they're offering... the amenities are one component we use to help identify the hotels so it's incomplete to say "restaurant, pool, etc."... the inclusion or exclusion of one amenity can make a difference in what we believe the hotel is.

Hotwire will only show one hotel per star level per zone (unless one of them is a Condo), so it's not unexpected that you're only seeing one hotel at the 4* level.

Let us know the full amenties and the date(s) of your stay and we'll try to help further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Sorry to have to ask, I am such a newbie it is not funny.

But for Fishermans Wharf dates 9/18 - 9/22

I am getting this - Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center -

for $127.

I am from Australia so we don't have anything like Hotwire. Can anyone help with what hotel this is likely to be

and I understand that some SF hotels don't let more than 2 stay in room, or is that only for priceline rooms.

It seems like too good a deal for a 4 star property in SF, I can't get much for under $200 elsewhere, so would really

appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance and sorry for being a pain.

The 4* with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business is once again showing. If it doesn't show on your search, how many people are you selecting on your search?

This is a match for the Sheraton and that would be our best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Now I am getting - Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center - for 4 star for the same dates. ANd looking at the list of hotels on this site, there is nothing that matches. Even tried looking at packages to try and identify the hotel but no luck.

It is $130 per night, 4 star at Fish Wharf.

• 3 weeks later...

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center. - Tried this again some time later now, and still getting this for a 4 * during the same period. If it is the Sheraton - why doesn't it show on the list of hotels for fishermans wharf??

I am trying to use the lists as a guide but it rarely matches with anything there. Am I looking in the wrong place??

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]