Priceline Hotel: 2* Honolulu (Waikiki North) Ohana Waikiki Surf

maverick_ec
By maverick_ec,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for the new hotel for the lists.

Can you confirm that this is in the Waikiki North zone (rather than Priceline's South zone?)

Was this your first bid in the zone for a 2* hotel or were you denied at lower levels previously?

Thanks in advance for the follow-up.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Is this, or did it used to be, a Best Western? I got this place a few years ago (before this board existed) for my one night in Hawaii and it was a BW. I think it was a little less back then, maybe $40. Still, that's about the cheapest thing you can find in Hawaii if you don't want to sleep on the beach. Which wouldn't have worked for me, as it rained that night.

Unless they've remodeled -- and if they LOST the BW branding they probably haven't -- it's more like a 1*. They charge for parking, too, but maybe you can find a spot on the street for the night as I did. It was all I needed back then and I've certainly stayed in worse places, but in the Hawaii pricing frame of reference you are getting what you are paying for. :)

Not sure why you'd want to take a chance with a 2-star on Waikiki. Given that almost all the hotels are old, it virtually guarantees that you'll be staying in a somewhat dilapidated property (renovations not adequate to meet 3 star standards).

We've had plenty of successful 3 star Waikiki bidders in the $50s and $60s, so it's not like you're likely to save much money. Now if you needed a certain night and the 3 stars just weren't available close to arrival date, that would be another story.

I cannot report what zone this hotel is located it since I finally won it after multiple failed biddings, needing to change either location or star level everytime.

My final winning bid was for North Waikiki, South Waikiki, Airport, Executive center, Ihilani at a 2 star or higher for $50. I only changed one thing at a time for every failed bid.

I needed that specific night, so I couldn't change the date of stay.

Hope this helps.

I'll tell you exactly where it is. Ohana Waikiki Surf is on the NE corner of Kuhio and Lewers. Here's a map (if you can't find it, look for the bold words ALA WAI BLVD at top, then look right above in the canal to find your pointer):

http://www.spotlighthawaii.com/oahu/waikikimap1.asp

And here's a picture that shows how far you are from the beach:

http://wizardpub.com/oahu/orohanawaikikisurf.html

And here are visitor's reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g6...ahu_Hawaii.html

Enjoy your stay!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]