Priceline Hotel: 2* San Francisco (USE) Baldwin Hotel

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

First bid of $55 for 2* in USE + USW was accepted. $109.65 on Expedia. The Baldwin's a new hotel for the Hotel List.

Baldwin Hotel

321 Grant Avenue

San Francisco, CA 94108

In this case 2* doesn't mean run down or bad neighborhood. The Baldwin's at Grant and Bush, a safe upscale area two blocks from Union Square (not in the Tenderloin direction) and a half block from the Chinatown Gate. Baldwin's a good central choice for visitors on a budget who don't want to stay in Civic Center area, SF's traditional "budget zone".

Baldwin is 2* because it's a limited service hotel. No restaurant, no bar, no room service, no doorman, small lobby. It offers a clean simply furnished room in a good neighborhood and that's about it.

The hotel has an intimate feel--ten stories and only seven rooms per floor. I got a room on 4th floor overlooking Grant with east views of the Financial District skyscrapers. Room was large by "old hotel" standards, light and airy, with one queen bed. High ceilings, hissing steam radiator, frumpy furnishings but overall I found the room pleasant and comfortable.

Baldwin still uses metal keys! You get two keys on a ring--one to open the hotel front door and another for your room. Parking is $31 with in and out privileges. Internet $8.95/day. All the staff I met were friendly and helpful.

I won this through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

You've really hit a couple of interesting wins lately... the other nite this priceline win at the Good Hotel and now this 'retro' hotel.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE link and helping us add this new property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]