Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

goodbyeohio
By goodbyeohio,
in

Of course, I started out with the PRICELINE link from this site.

I started out yesterday aiming for 3.5*, bid up to $66 in $5 increments up to $62 then $1 increments up to $66. ran out of additional areas to add.

Came back 24 hours later, continued bidding in $1 increments until I was bumped to 4* and accepted at $69. Seems like the Westin is the deal of the hour.

This is a Sat-Sun FYI. Now to deal with parking! Forget that $39 stuff, I'm going to try to work another angle or two..

Thanks everyone for all your guidance, hope this was helpful. Cheers!

just an FYI for people who care, these are the responses i'm getting on yelp re: westin area parking:

"there's a lot of street parking around too"

"drive around a 3/4 mile perimeter when you get here and find out"

"Park on Queen Anne by the Seattle center and take the monorail downtown. Or any of the lots around the Westin probably have a better overnight rate. And yes, lots of street parking around there also"

"Should be plenty of street parking within a block or two... Free between 6pm and is it 7 or 8am?"

"Picture a fan with one edge going to the Space Needle and the other to REI. Pay lots and street parking scattered around in there."

still looking for a nearby garage in the $20 range for overnight...

• 4 weeks later...

my impressions of this hotel:

check-in went smooth and the service was pleasant.

they claim there are no more unrenovated rooms. they did accomodate my request to be up high with a nice view.

room itself was nice looking & clean. the bed was very comfortable. the tv was a flat screen but no HD. the tv was also set in 'auto-expand' mode which turns normal tv into stretched tv, kind of annoying

the bathroom had this terrible dual-head shower head. the top one showered you with a normal stream, and the bottom one was a rapid pulse stream aimed right at the... HUEVOS. do not like this feature. turned right off.

the big disappointment was the 5th floor hot tub, which was lukewarm at best. even at 9pm, the pool was full of loud kids etc, so i just retreated back to the room and relaxed.

the pen in the room was unbelievably flimsy and cheap.

i was totally comfortable here, and the BB/priceline price was right, but i'd be pissed if i spent full $ on this. this hotel lives on the very edge of 3*.

cheers!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]