Hotwire Hotel: 3* Williamsport Holiday Inn

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Made a same day HW reservation, looks like this is a new one for the list. Selected Williamsport and one hotel appeared - 3* with the following amenities: Restaurant, Complimentary Breakfast, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Laundry Facilities. Althought I stayed here many times before, I did not think that that this hotel could be rated 3* by Hotwire. This is just another example of "ratings creep" that plagues Hotwire. Again, how can a Marriott Courtyard be 2.5 stars and this old Holiday Inn be rated as 3*???? Priceline calls this a 2* and I think that's about right. This is a 1960's era property with outside room entrances, the pool is in the courtyard, park the car right in front of the room. It reminds me of the family car trips to Florida when I was a kid; only now, this hotel has HBO, a free continental breakfast, free WiFi, and a TGIFridays in the lobby :) . Don't get me wrong, this is a clean hotel with decent furnishings and I would definately stay here again.....just don't call it a 3* :) Add taxes and fees of $11.95 and my walk out price is $71.95. Hotwire paid the hotel $47 for the room, tax on this would take it to about $52, so they are raking in about $20, roughly a 20% margin :o

Thank you for the new hotel to add to the lists!

I don't like the idea of exterior corridors, but i guess times have changed and this is an older property. Didn't sound too great the way you described it, but i guess it's fine given that you don't necessarily mind staying there.

Hopefully it's as you remember (and free internet is a plus!)

Thanks again and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]