Hotwire Hotel: ID on this midtown central hotel

travelpjean
By travelpjean,
in

I actually did quite a bit of research on this today and <unfortunately> came up empty :)

Everytime i had soemething that was 'close', there was an amenity offered at the hotel that was not listed via Hotwire (like hi-speed internet, complimentary breakfast, etc.... all things that i would consider 'major' and that Hotwire would not leave off)

There were so many hotels that 'just missed', that i didn't feel it would be helping if i listed them all (and admittedly i stopped after i had 4 potentials that 'just missed', as i really didn't feel like it would help too much to give a list of potential possibilities in addition to all the possibilities that weren't even considered). I think the 'boutique' class is hard to identify simply because it's hard to find a complete list anywhere on the 'net to use as a resource, and the other amenities are too common to be helpful in an area like NYC.

If you go for it, let us now how it works out.

As discussed in the last paragraph HERE, try to use an affiliate's link so Hotwire doesn't get a free ride :) THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You know it's strange that another hotel is listed above it 4.5 B, Fit, Bus, Rest. at $163.00 . It's the very same amenities and Boutique in Mid. Central nyc. Is it possible they are both the same hotel but, the 4* one has a not as nice room or something.? Or do you think they are entirely different hotels?

One more question before I go for this hotel , how possible is it that I may get a room with two twin beds? I don't mind two doubles, King, or queen but, what makes me hesitate is getting either two twin beds or one double. Does that occur often with hotwire? It seems this hotel is going much lower than other hotels for 4* than I have seen. It makes me wonder what's wrong with it. Thanks for your help.

Just because it's New York, I think there's some chance of not getting the beds you want - or else the hotel might offer to upgrade you to different bedding for a fee ($50 in the case of the Shoreham). I've read several of those stories about NYC bids re Priceline.

If this were a Disney-area bid, on the other hand, I think you'd be virtually assured of two doubles.

I've gotten twin bed rooms on Priceline in Seattle and London when I asked for two beds - not sure what would have happened had I really insisted on two doubles.

Keep in mind that with Hotwire and Priceline, the hotel is getting rid of rooms they haven't been able to sell otherwise.

NYC is it's own animal, and believe it or not, i don't think star rating has that much affect on whether you will get the bedding choice you want (i say this about NYC, not a blanket statement throughout the country).

In the case of the Shoreham, they have 2 classes of rooms (no, not Priceline/non-Priceline :) ).... their standard room can only accomodate a Queen size bed, to fit a larger bed (or 2 beds) requires their next class of rooms, which i agree with the hotel that Priceine/Hotwire guests are not entitled to (these are not special "priceline rooms", but literally a different class of room which is more expensive if booked direct). I don't have a problem with this, but can understand how it can be a complaint of an unknowing Priceline guest, and result in an argument and/or misinformation of "i was treated differently as a Priceline guest."

So the bottom line is that in NYC... anything goes! I'm not really sure of what your bedding preference is based upon your comments, but if you can deal with a minimum of 1 queen bed i would think you'd be fine. I would be concerned if you absolutely needed 2 beds, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I pursued this hotel further and I think I have it fiqured out. I was reading about boutique hotels in NYC from the Tripadvisor website and it featured the Hudson, Morgans, Paramount and Royalton. These were listed as "Boutique" hotels. Expedia doesn't list the Hudson as a boutique but , this other website did. I think it's the Hudson, because of the same amenities, rest. , fit. and bus. plus a boutique. It's also, listed as a four star hotel on Expedia. The hotel has poor reviews on tripadvisor so, I'm not going to take this chance. The location fits the bill too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]