Hotwire Hotel: San Diego Gaslamp Help

orangeeater
By orangeeater,
in

I'm looking at a a room end of the month..

4 stars $101

pool, high speed internet, restaurant, fitness, business center

95% positive reviews from hotwire customers

I read the hotel list.. and it seems that it could be Solamar, Omni, Hilton, or Gaslamp

From Expedia, no rooms for the 4 day block at Hilton Gaslamp

So now.. choices are Hilton bayshore, solamar, omni, or westin

Expedia has the hilton bayshore at $289 a night.. so doubt I would get that for $101

So.. now down to Westin ($179), Solamar ($181), or Omni ($259)

Im thinking the Omni can be eliminated based on price.. (As a comparison, what I assume is the US Grant is $175, listed at $181 on Expedia)

Am I missing something here? Would I be correct in guessing based upon price and reviews it is Westin Gaslamp or Solamar?

Also, does anyone know how to interpret the 95% positive review listing?

The Westin has 85% positive reviews on Hotels.com (owned by Expedia/hotwire).. whereas the solamar has 95%.. so is the hotel Solamar?

I had reserved Solamar through AAA for $160 a night.. so $101 would be awesome

What are the actual date(s) of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

2/25-3/1

I think it has to be salomar..only other option i guess could be andaz..

BUT.. andaz gets only like 75% positive reviews on hotel.com.. which leads me to think it can be andaz (if my theory is right)

I have a reservation at saolmar for $159..may roll the dice..(with your link!)

thoughts?

You can't use retail prices to determine which hotel you're more likely to get vs. another... some hotels keep retail rates very high and discount very deeply... others keep prices lower and discount substantially less.

The HOTWIRE user review ratings are from HOTWIRE users and not used elsewhere... not Tripadvisor, Hotels.com, Expedia, etc.

As you note the amenities above match multiple properties, but my best guess for this one would be the Hotel Solamar

or the Omni San Diego.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]