Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Trumbull-Milford (Stratford-Milford) Springhill Suites Milford

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

I started bidding a few days ago and went as high as $52 for 3 star in both Shelton and Milford area. Every time I had the option to bid at the 2.5 star level I would choose a lower price than what I had previously used for 3 star and got rejected every time. THe only tiime I had increased my bid was this time which I went from a $49 3* offer to a $50 two and 1/2 star offer and got accepted for one day. I purposely choose not to bid over $55 when bidding shelton area because I wanted to avoid going to the Marriott in Trumbull. Nothing wrong with the hotel, just that when I want to stay in milford or shelton I'd prefer not to stay there. I was honesly hoping to get either the Residence INN in milford or the Hyatt in milford. Ive never rec'd this hotel when bidding 2.5 stars before and have always been upgraded to 3 star when bidding in Milford so while I knew it COULD happen, I just didnt really expect it. THough i have noticed that since they built a new Hilton Garden inn in Milford, the hotel wins are much harder to predict in the 3 star milford zone. Technically there is another 2.5 star hotel in the area but have yet to see anyone win it. THe home wood suites in stratford, but you never know! This was previously a 2 star property.

our Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $50.00

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Fees: $13.69

Total Charges*: $63.69

This hotel is in the same parking lot as the Residence Inn, and the Red RooF Inn.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were targeting or expecting, hope this works well for your plans and overall you're pleased with the results and deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Its a nice clean hotel right off exit 35 on I-95 in milford. Parking is free but a bit cramped. Breakfast is free and included, which includes hot things like scrambled eggs, waffles, sausages, bagels, and cold items like froot loop cereal and corn pops, my personal favorite. It has both a pool and a hot tub and both are heated nicely. The rooms have a microwave, refrigeraor, sink, coffee pot, king size bed and a pull out couch. The bed was the most comfy bed that Ive slept in, and Ive slept in many! I wanted to stay longer just because the bed was so comfy. Today the hot tub was nice and hot too!

My children and I really enjoyed our stay.

:) Negative things that happened during our stay: First, I noticed only one bed and a pull out couch so I called front desk and requested two beds. While they do have rooms with two beds in them, I was told I could not have one since i was a Priceline reservation. He actually stated that I paid "much less for my room" which is just an assumption and happens to be not true. I only go a $20 discount, Then the clerk acknowledged he had no idea what I paid for the room but was also apologetic that he could not switch me. I settled in and after a while felt very cold and as time wen on I was FREEZING, I called front desk at 1 am and complained. They sent someone o fix the heat. The air came out blasting freezing for abou 20 minutes and then finally warmed up. THe heat never did keep the room warm until it was time for us to leave. I guess the heater was unplugged or something.

During the night, I came down for refreshments and the clerk recognized me and my children and did not charge me for my drinks. That was completely nice of him, I'm guessing becuase he couldn't help me get a room with two beds.,

THe couch was actually a very nice pull out couch with a not too flimsy coil mattress. My children all slept with me though and we were all comfy!! wish I could take both the bed and comforter home wih me. THe sheets were very clean the room was clean only one area around the sink which is outside the bathroom that needed to be cleaned better. Oh and did i mention that I jst loved the bed! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]