CA San Francisco Orchid Hotel USE

Warbird
By Warbird,
in

I spent four nights at the Orchard Hotel on Bush Street. This was a new hotel that just came up in the 3* category. The hotel was new around ten years ago.

The lobby is small, but adequate with the elevators opposite the reservation desk. The hotel is ten stories so in comparison to some of the other hotels in SF it's one of the smaller ones. The check in process went smoothly and both the desk clerk and the bellman tried to be helpful.

The room had two single beds and was spacious. It was well appointed and served my purposes well. The bathroom was clean and spacious also.

I was offered a complimentary daily newspaper upon signing in, but was informed that I wouldn't be getting the free Breakfast Buffet. I don't know if that was because I was a Priceline customer or if there was another reason.

I'm always interested in how people get around so I'll give my account of how I got to SF and the hotel. I flew into Oakland and took AirBart from the airport to the Bart Train station by the Oakland Raiders Coliseum. I rode Bart into SF and stopped at the Powell Street Station. Ascending from underground you come out by the start of the SF Cable Car route that heads up Powell St over the hill to Fisherman's Wharf. About seven or eight blocks up Powell St I got off on Bush street and walked about ten yards to the hotel. All very convenient. I just had one carry on so I didn't have a lot of luggage to lug around.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]