Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Westin Hrtn

cjenlowe
By cjenlowe,
in

I'm going to be bidding on a downtown San Diego stay for 4/25-4/27. Using the strategy in the previous post, I was able to bring up a 3 1/2 suite ,rest.,pool,fitness, Business. I'm assuming this is the Sheraton Suites. For nearly the same price,$103 best value, I also see a 4 star Rest,pool, Fitness, Business. I'm thinking this may be the Westin Horton Plaza. I want to avoid the Sheraton Marina because we won't have a car. In Sheraton Marina description from the hotel list, the amenities include ocean front or beach front and customer favorite. I'm just curious if the Sheraton marina has come up with only the four amenities listed above in my scenario or can I be fairly confident that it is the Westin. Second, Has any one knowledge of the Westin Horton plaza vs. the Sheraton suites. I take trip advisor with a grain of salt and would appreciate a comparison of the two.

When planning my San Diego bid (I leave for there from the UK tomorrow - yaaay!), I was keen to avoid the Sheraton as well. We will have a car for part of the stay but I specifically wanted to stay near the Gaslamp Quarter.

I posted here and was advised that if I keep my bid below $85 on Priceline then the Sheraton is unlikely to come up. I can't say if this is completely reliable but it worked for me. I started bidding at $69 and with small increments using free re-bid zones, eventually won the Westin for $82 per night for 16-20 April.

Are you open to bidding on Priceline or do you prefer to use Hotwire for this stay? I think the Sheraton is the only hotel you may not want if you bid on Priceline and don't want a car. I think all the other possible hotels are in a good downtown location.

Hotel information is updated as received... usually if icons are removed we use the strikeout feature so that the information is known to have changed. Remember that everytime a change is reported that somebody has to report such a change... it could be you. I'm not trying to discourage you, but there is always some level of risk (no matter how small) when making an opaque purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]