Hotwire Hotel: hotwire chicago

RhondaK
By RhondaK,
in

I am looking for a downtown chicago hotel using hotwire. I have already book a refundable hotel room, but am looking for a better price. Kids insist it must have a pool. Two hotwire listings are:

Rating: 4.5

Zone: Wacker Drive

Amenities: Pool, Rest., Exercise facilities, spa, tennis nearby.

Rate: 99

I think this might be the Swissotel.

Any suggestions.

Rating: 3

Zone: Wacker Drive

Amentities: Pool, Rest., business facilities, laundry.

Rate: 90

No clue what this is.

There will be 2 adults and 2 children in the room. Has anyone had problems with getting double beds after booking with hotwire.

This is my first posting to betterbidding, I love the site.

I agree on your best guess of the first hotel being the Swissotel as the amenities match with those shown in the Hotwire list by city.

Not sure of the second hotel as there aren't too many 3* hotels that have been identified in this area. However, for an extra $9/nite it's probably a much better option to go for a 4.5* vs. 3*.

Regarding the 2 bed situation, regardless of any replies you get from others (who have likely stayed at different hotels in Chicago) i would advise calling the Swissotel (since that is the 'best guess' in this situation) and ask the ratio of rooms that have 2 double beds vs. 1 king bed. Hopefully there will be a large proportion of 2 bed rooms. If the phone clerk seems nice/helpful, you can even ask him/her "do you know of any restrictions where Priceline/Hotwire customers can only receive a specific room-type"?

As well, if a specific bed preference is required, i usually recommend checking in as early as possible to their official check-in time (or an hour or so earlier) so that the greatest number and variety of vacant rooms are available. This is in addition to calling ahead after your reservation is made and having them input your bedding request into the computer.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On TOBB, a poster who got the Swissotel in Boston found it had *no* rooms with two beds, but only rooms with one king bed. I don't know if this is true for the Swissotel in Chicago - but it might be worth checking their web site and phoning before buying on Hotwire (without mentioning Hotwire).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]