Hotwire Has Taken Away The Customer Satisfaction ratings

LonghornTX
By LonghornTX,
in

I have always used priceline probably 9 to 1 bookings over Hotwire due to better prices. When I last went to Hotwire, I noticed they removed the customer satisfaction ratings from the individual hotel listings. I really hesitate to use them now due to this. Before, I would probably only choose a hotel with an 85% recommendation or higher. Now, you can get stuck with a hotel that has very low ratings.

Any chance of pressuring Hotwire to relist the satisfaction ratings?

Also, do you anticipate following Travelocity and Expedia's new secret hotel programs?

Thanks

HOTWIRE does still show user recommended ratings, but it never showed for all properties (and for the same property will sometimes show for one search but not the next), so i'm guessing it's simply not showing on your particular search. If you look at other hotels in the offer i suspect you'll see it listed for many of them.

Travelocity deals are covered in the OTHER DEALS >> HOTELS section of the board... Expedia's unpublished rates are powered by HOTWIRE.

Can you please follow-up your Hotwire Columbia thread with the details of the hotel you purchased.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From what I can see, they still show the "Recommended by (*)% of customers" on the page where all the rates are given. I almost always see the customer rating breakdowns under the map after choosing the rate I want to look at. Guess it's not available for all of them though?

Adversity is like a flame, it melts the weak and tempers the strong.
  • 8 months later...
I use Hotwire a lot...

... and not one HOTWIRE win reported to the board :) (and no PRICELINE wins in nearly 4 years)

It would be appreciated if you began to share your results with the board so that others could benefit from the information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]