Priceline Hotel: Maui 2 1/2 or better

HuntBeachGuy
By HuntBeachGuy,
in

Hi all, I have been trying for a week or so to secure something in Maui for the dates 3/13-3/16 2011 (started looking around 1/8 or so).

I have been hoping to get something anywhere other than Kahului, I think I would prefer Ka'anapali.

I have tried all 3 of the areas (other than Kahului) from as low as $80.00 and as high as $99.00, No luck yet.

My scenario is a little unusual though, we are doing a group thing and I am just trying to extend it on our own for a few days so I have been just messing around and staying below $100.00.

I have until Wednesday the 19th to decide so I will up the rates Monday night to get more serious. But so far I have found nothing below $100.00 but we have been looking at 2 1/2 star and up only. If I get desperate I will try a 2 star then maybe a 1 star. They only list out at $125.00 anyway so if I have to...

Does anyone have any experience with a 1 star hotel on Maui? I am a bit afraid it will be dirty and a dump.

Thanks, Oh and I have been using the PRICELINE link since I found this site.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can see all hotels reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List... personally i wouldn't recommend the very low rated hotels. While there may be some properties which meet your needs, there may be others which do not, and with PRICELINE you don't get to choose which type you will get. :) As well, the 'sweet spot' is typically with the higher rated hotels... there's much more margin available for a hotel to discount a $200/nite hotel room than there is for a budget oriented hotel to discount a $100/nite hotel room.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Didnt catch this part before, "we'll take it from there", does that mean help in bidding or does it mean we'll see how things go for you or?

Either way Thank You.

I have been checking nightly on both priceline and hotwire (from your links now).

Hotwires best deal is for a 2 star in Kahului for $81.00 per night, recommended in 80% of reviews.

Amenities are

Along the ocean

Pool

Restaurants

Laundry

Based on that and the price I believe it is either the Maui Seaside or the Maui Beach Hotel.

Priceline

Tried Ka'anapali 3 star, 80=no

Added Wailea 3 star, 85=no

Added Kahului 3 star (free bid? no 3 stars there) 90=no

Added Kehei 3 star 95= no

I also saw a new Hotel/Condo come up on regular Priceline shoping tonight

No stars, "Gardens at West Maui" Ka'anapali area $97.00 a night, has very mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.

Either way I have awhile before I have to make a decision (scheduled my flight with the group so I hope I actually find something :) )

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I ended up finding a Hotel type Condo room from HOMEAWAY, everything just fell into place for us, we fit in between days for them and the place in Kiehi looks great. (but off topic here)

I never did get anywhere near the numbers I wanted from Priceline for a decent place. I have been getting emails from Hotwire showing price drops but not much at all. Still they have a 3 star in Maui that was $179 now $140.

Thanks for the help and support, I hope this closes out the thread properly for you.

Brad

Hi all, I have been trying for a week or so to secure something in Maui for the dates 3/13-3/16 2011 (started looking around 1/8 or so).

I have been hoping to get something anywhere other than Kahului, I think I would prefer Ka'anapali.

I have tried all 3 of the areas (other than Kahului) from as low as $80.00 and as high as $99.00, No luck yet.

My scenario is a little unusual though, we are doing a group thing and I am just trying to extend it on our own for a few days so I have been just messing around and staying below $100.00.

I have until Wednesday the 19th to decide so I will up the rates Monday night to get more serious. But so far I have found nothing below $100.00 but we have been looking at 2 1/2 star and up only. If I get desperate I will try a 2 star then maybe a 1 star. They only list out at $125.00 anyway so if I have to...

Does anyone have any experience with a 1 star hotel on Maui? I am a bit afraid it will be dirty and a dump.

Thanks, Oh and I have been using the PRICELINE link since I found this site.

You're best bet might be looking in the Kihei area at that price point. I'm not sure what the best quality is that you might be able to get in this price range in March, but Expedia has some mediocre quality places such as the Aston Maui Lu available for $117 per night....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]