Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle-Woodley Park) Hotel Dupont

justinp85
By justinp85,
in

Today was my first day searching but so far no luck.

I am flying into BWI via Southwest from Houston ($250) and going to take the train to Union Station.

Planning to see the major visitor locations like the monuments/memorials.

I have tried up to the following prices with multiple bids:

$110 --- 4* White House/Downtown

$85 ----3.5*

$75 ----3*

$105 --- 4* Foggy bottom

$85 ----3.5*

Is Dupoint a good alternative for a newbie coming to DC for the first time?

Am I out of luck with these prices..or just too early?

Thanks

Justin

Is Dupoint a good alternative for a newbie coming to DC for the first time?
The most frequently bid zones in this area are Convention Center-Capitol Hill, Dupont Circle-Woodley Park, and White House-Downtown... i would look at these three areas to see if all of these would work for your needs.

However, rates for these dates are very high and based upon current rates i think you're going to have a tough time getting a hotel near any of the bid amounts you have made above. What is the best deal you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

I recently got a 3* in this zone for $56, but that was for a weekend.
It would be appreciated if you shared your win with the board as a NEW TOPIC so that the information can help others and they'll be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Don't know how accurate this is..but I read that the capitol hill area can get a little too quiet at night. I was planning on walking to the memorials in the evening time to get some pictures.

i tried dupoint last night also.

115 --- 4* Dupoint (90-95-100-105-115)

95 --- 3.5* (80-85-90-95) 

I ended up with these dates because of the flight costs and available times. I can also add a night or move it forward 1 night. 3/14-3/17 (mon-thurs) or 3/15-3/17 (tues-thurs). If I fly Fri to Sun (3/18 to 3/20)...airline costs go up about $180 for me. So it's not worth it really to move my entire trip around to get the best hotel rates. Plus train costs more on the weekend etc.

Hotwire ----- Mon-Wed- $250 for 4 star in the white house area.

St. Gregory online -- $320 per night ($215 for the same nights in February).

How far early do you guys book?

Hotwire ----- Mon-Wed- $250 for 4 star in the white house area.

St. Gregory online -- $320 per night ($215 for the same nights in February).

With alternatives quite pricey, what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With alternatives quite pricey, what is your maximum bid for this stay?

how much would I need to up my bid by for these areas? I would ideally like it to be under 150 a night otherwise I will have to go down to 2*... :)

so far I have go up to:

115 on 4*

95 on 3.5*

75 on 3*

seems low now that I see it like that. bump it by $30 on everything?

I too am coming to DC to tour with my wife, on 4/1-4/3. Our city is new to Southwest so we got 2 tickets for $150 total...

Anyways, I'm trying to decide what area to bid. Since it is the weekend, we will probably bid on a rental car to avoid the train/bus hassle. Can anyone make a good recommendation on where to bid that wouldn't have high parking fees?

I'm guestimating that at the moment you're probably looking at ~$200-$225 for a 4* or 3.5*... perhaps $150 for a 3*.

Any back-up plan at the moment... you could change your plans and come up to NYC for less than DC :)

Its been a number of years ago, but my son and I took my 12-year-old granddaughter (his daughter) to Washington, DC for the usual tourist things. We got a Crystal City hotel via bidding. It is well connected to the downtown areas via the metro. My granddaughter quickly got the hang of figuring out how to route us. We would just give her a destination and she would study the maps and lead us there. Fun for her, and we enjoyed not having to figure things out. We bought "all-you-can-ride" train passes, so the occasional error had no financial consequence.

The Crystal City hotels were much less expensive than the more central hotels. Probably still are. There were interesting/quirky/reasonable restaurants around the hotel too. You might consider the area?

If it seems at least possible, a browse through the hotel reviews in the area would give you a little more current perspective.

Romelle

alright guys...i ended up changing the dates just a little bit because it felt like i had to go well into the 200s to get anything good. wasn't ready to bid for days inn just yet. lol.

i shifted it down to 16 to the 18th. wed to friday. i wish i could have done fri/sat but GF has a test monday and has to study the weekend.

started with WT/HT and went up to 170 (4 star)...then 180 (3.5 star). i don't know why i stopped at 170 for the WH..lol. then started again on Dupont. rebidded up to 185 and got the Dupont Hotel.

4* DC (Dupont) Dupont Hotel

$185 3/16-3/18

Thanks for all the help.

Sorry to see this stay proved to be so expensive, but glad you were a little flexible in your dates and were able to adjust accordingly to strike a balance between budget and convenience.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]