Priceline Hotel: Bidding Assistance- Paris Aug 20-Aug 25

ayz75
By ayz75,
in

Hi there,

I am going to Paris on Aug 19 (will arrive on Aug 20) and staying for 5 nights.

I found a special on Best Western for the Nouvel Orleans (in the Montparnasse district) for 68 euros a night, so thats about $88 per night (and then plus tax and service fees)

Nouvel Orleans is 3 stars.. so basically, I would like to either get a 3* (in a similar district or even a closer one to the central) under 88, or get a 4* for around the same price. I don't know if this is likely, because so far the bids I've seen for 4* are all around 100+.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

My main concern for Paris in the summer is air conditioning. So that's what I would look for in a backup. Does the Nouvel Orleans have that?

The problem is that many Priceline 3* hotels do not have air conditioning. That's why I wouldn't suggest bidding for a Paris 3* hotel in the summer (plus the fact that you can't control the location). And the quality of 3* hotels in Paris is quite variable as well, apart from A/C.

Thanks for the reply.

Luckily, Nouvel Orleans does have air conditioning!! :)

So I guess if 3* hotels are not worth bidding for (quality probably varies too much) then $80 for 4* might be too little I guess? I am willing to go up to say around 95 but I don't think I want to pay over 100 for a 4*. If it's unlikely I will get my bid accepted, then I think I am probably better off going with Nouvel Orleans.

You could always try $80 for a 4*. It probably won't work, but you never know ;-).

I'd also be concerned about location for a 4*. I wouldn't bid for the Eiffel Tower zone, because that might give you a 4* hotel not actually within Paris. I'd only bid for Opera Quarter East or Latin Quarter - St. Germain - Montparnasse zones. That way you won't get a worse location than your backup, but otherwise you might.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]