Priceline Hotel: 3* Orange County (Disneyland-Anaheim) Holiday Inn and Suites Anaheim

mizp
By mizp,
in

Will be in LA between 5 January to 10 January 2011

Try to keep our budget low (since we probably will need pay parking fees between $15 to $30 per night)

Budget is between $50 to $70 (excluding tax ) per night for 3* hotel

I prefer to stay in Santa Monica (zone 9) or west hollywood and holywood (zone 1 and 5). But i am willing to stay at zone 2 and zone 3 too

Would be grateful if someone could advise me if my following strategy is ok

Opening bid $50 choose zone 1, if rejected, choose zone 9 increase bid by $5, if rejected, choose remaining zone that I happy with

If still rejected, close window, opening bid is $60 choose zone 1, if rejected, increase bid by $5 and do the same steps as step 1

Thanks in advance for your help

Opening bid $50 choose zone 1, if rejected, choose zone 9 increase bid by $5, if rejected, choose remaining zone that I happy with

If still rejected, close window, opening bid is $60 choose zone 1, if rejected, increase bid by $5 and do the same steps as step 1

I think you can improve upon this strategy as you have ONE re-bid zones available when bidding 3* in this area. Also, to suggest a strategy, please let us know if you're willing to pay more to be in the Santa Monica-Marina del Rey zone OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better in any of your acceptable zones.

Are you familiar with re-bidding and able to identify your re-bid zone at the 3* level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

See this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and let us know if you're able to determine your re-bid zones. If you read the previous link and are confused just post back and we'll break it down for you.

Exactly which zones, by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept? (and you're looking for the least expensive 3* or better in any of these zones, not willing to pay more to be in Santa Monica vs. the others, correct?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare

Your understanding was correct.

I am looking for zone 1, 2 ,4, 5, and 9 (Priceline zone). I think I understand about rebidding zone now. Can I confirm rebidding zone for 3* in LA (based on Priceline) are zone 5 and 6?

I still have no luck though. I went up to $70 and was still rejected. Do you think I need to break my booking into two hotels? I tried Pasadena area too and my bidding was rejected too. Oh btw, my LA stay from 7 Jan to 10 Jan ( Check out on 11 Jan)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]