FL Miami The Hotel Chelsea South Beach

dada
By dada,
in

This is a new, young and hip hotel in south beach. I paid $46 a night total 4 nights from 11/27/02-11/30/02 there. Its a small hotel with only 46 rooms just like most of the hotels on Collins Ave. The hotel has a very dim light which makes it looks like a pub. The bar and the front desk are located on the first floor. It is not a standard chain hotel. There are no bellman. The guy at the front desk was really nice. We checked in really late at around 12am midnight but still there were people drinking at the bar. My friend and I were first sent to a small room (on 2nd floor) which TV was not working. We immediately called downstairs and the guy at the front desk came up swiftly and apologized. He soon then helped us to change a room.

The 2nd floor lobby is really really dark, the room numbers on the wall can hardly be seen. Everytime I came back from outside, I had my key ready before entering the second floor because you will not able to find your key at that ray of light. My rooom was small as well. But the way they decorated it is nice and trendy. Its not like other chain hotels. The room has a small fridge with liquors filled up. I like the bathrooom the most even though there's no tub. Its a stand up shower, instead of using tiles on the wall, its a big big mirror so you can watch yourself while taking a shower. Feather pillow and blankets, iron and iron board, just like other hotels. The TV is small, too.

The location is convenient. Just 3 blocks away from the South Beach. Hotel Chelsea provides free breakfast and free drink at 7-8pm everyday. Don't expect too much for the help yourself breakfast because theres only few croisssants and cookies to choose from. I did take advantage of the free vodka with fruit juice every night. But you may want to tip the bartender for better service.

The front desk staff is really nice and helpful. If you want to go to a specific club, you just let them know and they will get you a VIP pass. I asked about the price list for the beer and soda in my room, the front desk guy told me that I could refill them from the drug store across the street before the maid changes the room.

This hotel does not have a swimming pool. And I think its not suitable for people with kids. Overall, its a nice standard 3* hotel with the price I paid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]