Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (CBD) InterContinental

swag
By swag,
in

Saw the IC had appeared on Hotwire - in the $80's for stays 4+ nights, $120's for shorter stays.

I figure what HW has, PL can often beat.

Bid $68 4* CC & CBD (also would have been happy with the Sheraton or Hilton). Got rejected with an offer to rebid at $17 more. Passed on that, added a free rebid zone and upped to $73.

Accepted, at the InterCOntinental, as expected.

Subtotal $365.00

Taxes/fees $67.78

Total $432.78

• 1 month later...

One of the best Jazzfests ever.

Anyway, I happened to look at my bill for this stay, and see that my folio shows the breakdown that PL customers are not supposed to get.

Nightly rate $72 (I missed by a buck, I guess), plus $9.36 tax, plus $2 occupancy fee. Also shows $416.80 as "deposit transferred at checkin", I assume what PL payed the hotel. So about $16 profit for PL on this one.

Also of note is the fact that the occupancy fee was included. Last time I PL'ed in New Orleans, this was not included, and was charged by the hotel at checkout.

I agree on both points Swag. One of the best Jazzfests ever and the occupancy tax was included this time. I was so happy to see that I didnt owe another $30 ($3 per day at the Hyatt for 10 days). I did pay more this year ($56 per night) than in previous years so that helps explain that the tax is included in the rate. I was still a bargain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]