Priceline Hotel: 4* Concorde Hotel Singapore CBD

fly_up_front
By fly_up_front,
in

Saw at TOBB that someone had won this for $33 in June and someone else at Flyertalk for $40 in July so tried $33 and rejected. Dropped to 3* and bid $36 - disco.

Congratulations, you got your price of $36 for a hotel room, and we've upgraded your hotel quality level to a 4-star hotel!

Concorde Hotel Singapore

Central Business District - China Town - Marina Bay

Outram Road

Singapore, Singapore

65-67330188

Check-In Date: Thu, Jul 17, 2003

Check-In Time: After 02:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Tue, Jul 22, 2003

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $36.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 5

Subtotal: $180.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $36.42

Total Charges: $216.42

There have been some really great deals with combined airfare + hotel to Singapore lately, also.

Given the bid prices in Hong Kong (as reported by another bidder) and Singapore, I think that in these two areas getting 4* hotels on Priceline currently works out to be cheaper than renting standard apartments!

• 2 weeks later...

the cheapest you can get the concorde is $33. priceline won't consider any 4* bids that are under $45, so you have to bid on a 3* in the central business district and (for now) priceline will upgrade you to a "4*." it's safe to say that $33 is the cheapest you can get this hotel--i tried bidding for $32 and failed, but my $33 rebid was successful.

It sounds like you're saying if I had bid $33 for a 3*, it would have been accepted and upgraded. I'm thinking it was not available for $33 for my days; others' experience reported on Flyertalk supports this.

If true, this would be different than US bidding. In US, if you bid too low, it sometimes won't even go through the process or if it does, it's instantly rejected. In my 4* Singapore bidding, it did consider it and I got the old 15 minute screen and it took about 10 minutes to get rejected.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]