Hotwire Hotel: 4* Las Vegas (Strip South) NYNY

tignor
By tignor,
in

Hi! Bidding strategy please.

Hubby and I going to Vegas in March or April 2011 (dates not determined, he has to sign up for vacation any day now and it depends on seniority).

Looking for a 5* up to $145 on the North Strip. If unattainable, we would then like to try for a 4* on the North Strip up to $75.

If no luck after a week or so, I am willing to up the price. Seems like the Palazzo or Treasure Island are the most popular wins here, and these seem to be good prices based on previous win posts in this forum.

I wouldn't mind the South Strip but just do not want the Westin. Still, I know there is risk of getting a hotel that isn't listed on this forum, and we're cool with that possibility, but the Westin seems to be won quite often so we'll avoid that area unless we are desperate, but I think we won't be.

Thanks!

Rates are date specific and therefore bidding strategies are as well... please wait until your husband's vacation dates are approved/confirmed and we'll take a look and suggest an appropriate bidding strategy at that time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the results and this property works well for your needs.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

We've booked a room at the NYNY in Vegas in April and I've looked all over this board for the answer, to no avail. I booked it for 2 people, but what type of room will be reserved? I'm assuming it's their most basic room (listed as the Skyline Room, traditional accommodation), is this correct? I will ask for a complimentary upgrade when we check in, which can be given at the whim of any Vegas hotel clerk, but am wondering if it's possible we were booked into a higher grade of room? We are fine with the traditional accommodation if that's what we get. :)

Also, at the time we booked the room through Hotwire, the rates now are cheaper for a Park Avenue room (next level up from the Skyline) now, and we are wondering if we should have just waited and booked directly through the hotel. Since we are paying more than the next room level up, in the long run, we were wondering what we are going to end up in. Could I call Hotwire or the resort and ask what type of room I am reserved for, and ask for an upgrade based on price currently listed on their website? We've never used Hotwire before.

Boy, I hope I explained this ok. I read through it and it reads like mud. Can't seem to explain it better somehow.

We've booked a room at the NYNY in Vegas in April and I've looked all over this board for the answer, to no avail. I booked it for 2 people, but what type of room will be reserved? I'm assuming it's their most basic room (listed as the Skyline Room, traditional accommodation), is this correct? I will ask for a complimentary upgrade when we check in, which can be given at the whim of any Vegas hotel clerk, but am wondering if it's possible we were booked into a higher grade of room? We are fine with the traditional accommodation if that's what we get. :)

Also, at the time we booked the room through Hotwire, the rates now are cheaper for a Park Avenue room (next level up from the Skyline) now, and we are wondering if we should have just waited and booked directly through the hotel. Since we are paying more than the next room level up, in the long run, we were wondering what we are going to end up in. Could I call Hotwire or the resort and ask what type of room I am reserved for, and ask for an upgrade based on price currently listed on their website? We've never used Hotwire before.

Boy, I hope I explained this ok. I read through it and it reads like mud. Can't seem to explain it better somehow.

HOTWIRE and PRICELINE reservations are for regular/non-upgraded rooms. While some people do luck out, I recommend not going in expecting an upgrade. You can request an upgrade in advance or at check-in, but it is up to the hotel.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

HOTWIRE and PRICELINE reservations are for regular/non-upgraded rooms. While some people do luck out, I recommend not going in expecting an upgrade. You can request an upgrade in advance or at check-in, but it is up to the hotel.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

'kay, thanks! Will just ask at check in like planned, if we don't get it, we're cool.

:)

Also, at the time we booked the room through Hotwire, the rates now are cheaper for a Park Avenue room (next level up from the Skyline) now, and we are wondering if we should have just waited and booked directly through the hotel.

I don't know how long ago you booked NYNY but under Hotwire's Low-Price Guarantee if you find a lower rate within 48 hours of booking you're entitled to a refund of double the difference.

Regarding the upgrade...see this thread about the $20 trick in Vegas:

$20 Trick in Vegas

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]