Priceline - Age Requirements in Canada

Gajewa469
By Gajewa469,
in

Hello fellow betterbidders,

I am planning on booking a hotel in downtown Toronto for the week after Christmas. Now over the summer, I went to Toronto and booked with hotwire (got a pretty good rate too) but only because Priceline says you have to be 21. I am 19.

I was wondering if this would be a problem using Priceline seeing how I am not 21. I'm not sure since I am already the legal drinking age in Canada.

What do you guys think? Will they check/care?

Thanks

PRICELINE's policy is that you need to be 21 years old... whether you'll have a problem being 19 depends upon many factors: hotel policy, mood of the front desk clerk at time of check-in, if you look your age or older/younger, etc.

Although you're of legal drinking age in Canada, their might be hotels which have a higher age requirement in order to maintain an 'older' atmosphere, avoiding parties in the room, etc.

Ultimately it's a calculated risk you'll need to decide by weighing the the pros/cons... i'd start by doing a bit of research in the areas/star rating that you're considering and of the known hotels in the area, do any of them have an age requirement over 19 years old?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]