Priceline Hotel: Oahu - Waikiki Beach Resort Bidding Challenges

kdaphne
By kdaphne,
in

I couldn't find any previous mention of properties matching these star-ratings and amenities. Please help!

Waikiki Beach 3.5* ($114/night for dates listed)

near beach

pool

restaurant

laundry

golf

tennis

Central Waikiki 3* ($63/night for dates listed)

boutique

near beach

comlimentary breakfast

pool

laundry

high-speed internet

Central Waikiki 3.5* ($109/night for dates listed)

near beach

fitness center

pool

business center

laundry

tennis

• 4 weeks later...

Best guess for each is as follows:

3.5* Beach - ASTON Waikiki Beach Hotel

3* Central - not currently showing

3.5* Central - Outrigger Luana Waikiki

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

We have tried twice now to bid for a Resort in the Waikiki Beach area, using the tips I learned from reading through previous posts (i.e. about the four "free" bid zones to use to increase your bid. However, after the first bid was rejected (we did $95 for Waikiki Beach, Resort level), when prompted to re-bid the 5-star level was also checked and could not be un-checked. I wasn't sure if there were any 5-star hotels in the "free" re-bid zones, so didn't go any further.

A day later, we did the same thing, bidding $100 and had the same result. Has anyone else seen this lately? Do you have any tips/strategies? I appreciate your help!

I used your PRICELINE link the second time we bid, and again last night (bidding $105) and ran into the same challenge of the 5-star level being checked, in addition to the Resort level. I am not confident that there are no 5-star properties beyond the Waikiki Beach area to use the "free" re-bid areas. Can you please advise?

When you select a star rating on PRICELINE it is the minimum that you are willing to accept... therefore when you place a 4* bid PRICELINE is also checking for Resort class properties and 5* properties, not just hotels at the 4* rating.

When you bid 4* there is a chance that your 4* bid is upgraded to a Resort or 5* rated hotel. If a higher rated hotel is available which meets your bid price, you will be upgraded, and there is no way to turn down or avoid the upgrade.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Let us know what you ultimately decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think what is happening to kdaphne is he/she selects the Resort check box but after the first bid both the Resort and 5 Star boxes are now checked. This is being perceived as a downgrade. I believe when I booked I had the same scenario but did not look at it as a downgrade. I ended up with the Hyatt Regency Spa Resort.

I think what is happening to kdaphne is he/she selects the Resort check box but after the first bid both the Resort and 5 Star boxes are now checked. This is being perceived as a downgrade. I believe when I booked I had the same scenario but did not look at it as a downgrade. I ended up with the Hyatt Regency Spa Resort.

Also I see four area's that do not have a 5 star or Resort that could be used for a rebid

THANK YOU! That is exactly what is happening. No 4* selection or anything. I don't see 5-star as a downgrade, rather, I am worried that there might be a 5-star hotel in one of the "free" rebid zones (i.e. HNL area) and we'd get that instead of Waikiki Beach area -- which I do NOT want. I know Priceline's regular hotel listing area only has one 5-star hotel, the Royal Hawaiian, but is that the same criteria as in the Name Your Own Price area?

Perhaps you could share (or point me to where it is posted) your process for securing that Hyatt Regency Spa Resort bid? If you ran into the same scenario it would be very helpful. Thank you.

There is no 100% guarantee you will get the Hyatt but you should be pretty confident on getting the Waikiki beach area. As I posted earlier there are four other zones that do not have a 5 star or Resort. Click through the check boxes to see which ones they are and add one at a time to get your rebids.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]