Hotwire Hotel: 2* Seattle (University District) Travelodge

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

Amenities: Complimentary breakfast, Pool

Cheapest price on web site via direct booking for a two-bed room: $62

I chose 1 adult, 2 children to ensure we'd get two beds, although I'm only traveling with my daughter.

I also applied the $50 HotDollars from my previous Victoria purchase where Hotwire gave me the wrong zone.

I had deduced this is what the hotel would be, after looking at Expedia at various hotels in the area.

When I visited the University District area a few months ago, I had noted this hotel and it seemed like it would be fine for our purposes.

As noted on another thread, I made several unsuccessful attempts and got a "This itinerary is no longer available ..." message.

But this time, for no apparent reason, it worked.

This is the second Seattle hotel purchase I've gotten through Hotwire. When you are looking at low-end properties and can't quite take the risk of a totally opaque purchase, it can work out well. And the part about being able to ensure two beds is reassuring also. I had failed with all 2* bids in Downtown Seattle and Lake Union up to $53, and Bellevue up to $45. Maybe I would have ultimately succeeded, but we're happy with this price and area. http://www.seattleuniversityhotel.com/

So far our upcoming trip in August and early September has shaped up like this:

1 night SEA airport (Priceline)

1 night Madrid (direct hotel booking. Priceline doesn't seem worth the risk for less than a 5* hotel, and direct prices for good places are relatively cheap.)

5 nights Amsterdam (direct booking. Priceline is offering a reasonable 4* counteroffer rate for an expensive city, but we're going super-budget at a hostel - at least right now)

5 nights London (Priceline)

2 nights Madrid (direct booking)

2 nights Seattle University District (Hotwire)

3 nights Seattle (Seattle Center area, Hotwire - booked months ago)

Total average cost per night, including all taxes and fees and discounts, will be about $62 USD/night - unless I decide to go for the 4* hotel in Amsterdam - which by itself would raise the total average to around $80/night.

Proof positive that a nice trip doesn't have to cost a fortune!

Glad to see you use your 'hot dollars' were put to good use.

Thanks for posting your results and adding this new hotel to our lists... this is a 2* property according to HOTWIRE?

Keep us updated as to the comings/goings of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's hard to wait 4.5 months, but the time will be up before I know it :).

This is a 2* hotel on Hotwire.

Note that Priceline has a University of Washington - Northgate district, and would probably rate this hotel 1*. I wouldn't take the risk for a completely opaque 1* bid in such a large zone, but with Hotwire's smaller zone and the ability to identify the hotel I was quite happy for this.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]