Priceline Hotel: 4* Columbus (Downtown) Hyatt Capital Square

CrazyOne
By CrazyOne,
in

Got this one on my work trip out there earlier this week. Bid on it early Monday morning for that night. I kept trying to get it lower; I thought maybe the change of day from Sunday to Monday would help that, but I couldn't get it lower than this. I tried other bids within a couple bucks, so $62 was the bottom at this point. Some have gotten it lower in the past, though. Going for $109 on the Hyatt site.

If you need to be in downtown Columbus, though, this is the place. It's a great location, and I'm sure it's the only thing that will ever come up as 4*. 3* bidding in Downtown Columbus is iffy because you might get one of the places up by the convention center. This may be fine for many, but it makes for a bit of a walk to the statehouse area where our office is.

The hotel is quite good too. I didn't sample many services, but the front desk staff were extraordinarily friendly and efficient I thought, both when checking in and checking out. There has been some level of renovation here that should be complete by the end of this weekend as I understand it. Based upon my room I'd say that the carpet is new, at least some of the furniture may be new or recent, and the bathroom looked to be all brand new except for maybe the toilet. I love the tub/shower setup. They have the curved shower curtain rod plus a few extra inches of ledge between the tub proper and the vertical wall opposite the curtain. It makes for a much more spacious showering area. Had a nifty new shower head too. I was impressed with the bathroom, nice layout and plenty of space in there.

The bed appeared to have a substantial pillow top mattress or mattress topper, and there was a duvet with cover instead of a blanket (though the whole thing was still topped with a nasty standard bedspread, though in this case they're fairly new I think). I found it plenty comfortable. The room felt quite spacious, perhaps because they had the head of the bed against the bathroom (short side of rectangle) wall instead of the longer wall. Lots of space between the bed and window. The easy chairs looked like they might not have been as new as some of the other furniture, and the wall that the bed was against looked like it wasn't changed in the renovation. Maybe none of that was. As is often the case, it was darned near impossible to find a useful outlet to plug in the laptop....

Didn't try any food services this time. They also have a fitness center that's on the top floor with a good view, apparently. Rooms on the right side of this hotel would look right out onto the Ohio Statehouse. Valet parking is I think $18, but you can self-park in the Statehouse garage across the street. That came out to $13 for the overnight stay, so not a big savings.

Overall: highly recommended! You bid 4* in Columbus, you'll get this place, and it's good and totally worth it.

Thank you for sharing your win... glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

You may want to copy/paste some of your comments above to the HOTEL REVIEW section of the board as it will likely benefit more people there as this thread eventually makes its way off the first page of this forum.

Thanks again.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]