General Priceline flight question...

leopardprint
By leopardprint,
in

Hi everyone,

Is there a list on this forum of airline carriers you have won by bidding? I've had lots of success with hotels on Priceline, but have never tried bidding on flights, and as a very fearful flyer needing to book a cross-country flight, I'd like to make sure I get an airline I'll feel safe on. Do they only use the majors, or are some smaller airlines in there as well?

(Not asking for the "airline travel is safe" lecture...I've heard it a million times. :) Just looking for a carrier list.)

Thanks in advance!

Do they only use the majors, or are some smaller airlines in there as well?

Note that even the "Majors" contract with some of the minors to handle some flights, for example, the aircraft might be flying the colors of Continental but it could be operated by a regional carrier such as Colgan Air.

Note that even the "Majors" contract with some of the minors to handle some flights, for example, the aircraft might be flying the colors of Continental but it could be operated by a regional carrier such as Colgan Air.

Thank you both! I may actually end up booking the traditional way instead of bidding, but either way this is very helpful. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]