Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Oahu (Waikiki Marina) Ala Moana

michaelodeon
By michaelodeon,
in

I started at $95 and worked my way up to $105. My question is, I am traveling with my wife and 2 small children, I have used PRICELINE before and never had a problem getting two beds. I see on the Ala Moana website, that there lowest available room only comes with a queen bed and has no option for 2 double beds. Does anyone have any experience at this hotel? Obviously I know I took a risk and ultimately I am willing to accept it if this is the case but any advice on how to deal with this? I will call them tomorrow and request two double beds, but my experience has been they won't commit to anything until you show up. Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

Welcome to BetterBidding!

All you can do is call the hotel and request a room with two beds and see what they say. If they won't commit to it, i would inquire about a paid upgrade given it's the holiday week and a busy time in Hawaii. I would first look at the difference in cost between their standard one bedded room and a room which allows for two beds... this would be a fair cost for an upgrade anything less would be a good deal.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please read your messages and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I spoke with the hotel and the lady was quite helpful. She said she was unable to help me however, because the booking was made through PRICELINE and she could not make any modifications to it. She said the only way to upgrade it was to do it through PRICELINE. Does this seem accurate?

I had a Entertainment Coupon so I could not use the BB link, I will be sure to use the PRICELINE link for any future bookings.

You can see if PRICELINE will call the hotel on your behalf, and as incentive i would let PRICELINE know you're willing to pay for an upgrade (assuming you're willing to do so), but often they won't make that phone call as usually any requests are handled at the hotel level.

NOTE: you can still use our PRICELINE link along with your bonus money as follows:

1) click our link to PRICELINE and let the page fully load

2) at the top of the page go to MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS

3) use the bonus money link found in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (and not the link in any emails sent to you)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Bidding 3.5 * in the Marina Zone is a sure way to get the Ala Moana and you can also be sure that the room is in the building with the small rooms. The hotel cannot change the reservation because only Priceline has access to do that - and they won't because you agreed to bid for two person occupancy only. You can make a request within the terms they permit but cannot change the basic nature of the reservation. In fact, you arte technically proposing to violate the terms by bringing more than two people into a room, regardless of their age. The hotel can do what it wants when you arrive but they should want to be accommodating. I'd suggest bidding 4* in that zone in the future. The Prince has big rooms in all cases and the Priceline selection includes those with two queens.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]