Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Salt Lake City (South) Ramada Limited

mmmidwife
By mmmidwife,
in

Date - April 2, one night

Amenities: Complimentary breakfast, pool, self service laundry

Stars: 2.5

Amount: $41.00 - total with taxes 51.95

The plot thickens. Priceline downgraded this hotel to 2 stars. A woman who stayed there said it is not a safe hotel, it shares a parking lot with a probation office. She felt it was not a safe place to take her children and felt that it was an unsafe part of town. I'm worried. I was planning on taking two small children.

Hotwire says I must check in and if it seems unsafe or a 2 star hotel, I must take pictures and document my reasons why it's terrible and then go find another hotel at my expense.

If you look at the web site, this looks MUCH less than a 2.5 star to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to report that we did not stay at this hotel after all. Our plans were to fly into Salt Lake City and drive to The Canyons in Park City where we had a condo reserved for the first 5 nights of our 6 night trip. I needed a place for the 6th night. That's how I got the Ramada Limited on Hotwire. We drove by the Ramada Limited on our way to the mountains. It wasn't very appealing from the outside but we were trying to keep an open mind. Spent a GLORIOUS 5 days at the Grand Summit awash in luxury. Mind you, I'm not comparing apples to oranges. I was not expecting the Ramada Ltd. to be a 4 star hotel. But I was expecting it to be the caliber of other 2.5 star hotels I had seen listed on various sites. In my opinion, it was not...from the outside atleast.

The story does have a happy ending.....it was the last week of ski season and the Grand Summit had PHENOMENAL deals and availability so we got to stay there for our last night. Even with the hit I took on the Hotwire hotel, it was a bargain!

• 1 year later...

for the record i have stayed at this ramada its not that bad. it is actually pleasant inside but it is in one of the less desirable parts of town. every city has these areas. It is pretty far form downtown at least like 20 minutes. the location is not park city or downtown salt lake city but its stayable. i never felt unsafe granted its not the best aprt of town and i am from NYC so i am always observant to my surroundings. if you dont need to be in Draper or are a picky patron than i would recommend downtown it has fabulous hotels often at a bargain on priceline and hotwire. basically i would not recommend this hotel if i did not have to be in that location downtown offers many better options at a cheaper price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]