IL Chicago Suburbs Hyatt Lisle

neo1
By neo1,
in

• 4 weeks later...

Basically can echo above remarks: Definitely an older property in dire need of renovation. I especially disliked the dark appearance of the lobby - you felt like night at any time of day. Also the hotel looked kind of "naked" as there was nothing in terms of "decor" like flowers or such stuff around.

The room-layout was nice, but we also received a room close to the elevator and vending on the third floor -seems their standard for Priceline-guests. In general the room-layout with couch, small table and desk on one side and the bed on the other side of the TV as well as the size were very nice, however, and the bed was really high and comfortable.

Due to a large youth-group at the hotel that used hallways as their raceground we moved to the 14th floor however for the second night, which was much mor quiet than the other room, but featured a broken TV-set that took about two hours to get replaced in several attempts.

Breakfast in the restaurant was sparse as mentioned before with only standard-fare, and dur to the groups around, basically cold. After asking got what I wanted from the kitchen freshly prepared however. With $10.25 it was boderline worth it.

All in all a place I have no desire to go back again, but would not fear if I have to as well.

Greetings - Dirk

• 3 months later...

I got this hotel on Priceline (it's the main 3* hotel for this area) for $40 for a Sunday night. Parking is ample and free, and check in was friendly and efficient, with no mention of Priceline.

The room itself was a mini-suite with a separate seating and work area, which was nice. It was clean and spacious, and the bed was very comfortable, with good linens. Bathroom area is fine. I appreciated the extra-large tube of body lotion.

High-speed wireless internet is $9.95/day through T-Mobile. They even provide you with a little wireless kit if you need it. Didn't try any other hotel amenities. There isn't anything around in walking distance, but there is an Avis car rental in case you find yourself without a car.

Overall, would definitely stay here again. I didn't think it looked or felt as run-down as the previous reviewers. I don't usually stay at Hyatts, so maybe this one just suffered in comparison? It's not super fancy or a tourist place, it's just a suburban business hotel. In any case, it's really not a bad place at all. I quite liked it.

• 1 year later...

I have stayed here 3 times, last nite was my 3rd and LAST time. I will never use priceline for the naperville/lisle area ever again as I always get hyatt lisle. I tried to bid for a 2.5* to get country inns, but they "upgraded me" to this 3* against my will. hyatt lisle customer service is nonexistent. and if you have concerns, once they look up your room and see you are priceline- they go from nonchalant to downright rude!

first of all, the place is a dump. original everything. small, dirty rooms. the pool is small and filthy/filmy. and always filled with the lowest class, most ignorant, obnoxious children and their parents I have ever seen. the parents seem to condone, and even encourage their horrid behavior. I have seen parents throw a ball in the air, and the kids jump up (like a dog) to grab the ball and then fall into the pool with a large splash- regardless of whether there are small children in the pool. I had to remove my toddlers from the pool this AM since kids were cannonballing into the pool in all sections.

room service is slow and expensive, and food less than mediocre. last nite we spent $30 for 2 kids milkshakes, 1 small bowl of soup and a small plate of chicken wings. they couldn't even send up a glass of ice water with it! my husband was in the bathroom all nite sick from the wings. we put the tray in the hall at 8pm, and at 8 am it was still sitting there.

we've tried their breakfast buffet before- for $12 you get runny powdered eggs, some hard rolls, and one cup of OJ (you should have free refills but the server only comes around to take your order and then your payment, no sightings in between.

parking may be plentiful, but it is also quite a walk from the door, and not very well lit at night.

for the same $35-40 you bid for this place, go to the hyatt oakbrook instead. wonderful, professional place- with an incredible, large, and clean pool. I always tell the hyatt lisle after every stay that they should go to oakbrook to see how it should be done.

Avoid this place!

• 2 years later...

Noticed the last review is 2 yrs old so I thought I'd add my stay last week as an update.

The agent that checked us in seemed a bit cold at first; no mention of PL. DH was very sick so I thought I'd try my luck and ask for a quiet room anyway. She didn't really react but then asked us a few more questions so maybe it is just her demeanor. When I checked our room key in the elevator we were on the 12th (of 14th) floors. A quiet room halfway down the hall, away from the ice and vending machine & elevators. Not sure but we might have been upgraded since it was a King size bed. Nice linens, lots of pillows.

Bathroom likely had been renovated recently as the tiles & grout were spotlessly white. Appreciated the curved shower rod, and separate sink area. Full complement of Portico White Ginger toiletries.

Really enjoyed the separate living area from the bed as I could watch tv while DH slept. Unfortunately, it wasn't broadcasting the NFL game I wanted and I couldn't get it even when I tried to buy the DirectTV NFL off the tv menu.

I went downstairs to their Lobby Lounge and due to renovations, the TV wasn't installed. One staff took the time to wheel one out from somewhere and set it up for me. However, their satelite (or whatever) for the game must have been down with the reno's so I still couldn't watch the game. They tried their best and I did appreciate their effort.

There is a snackbar to the right of the check in counter and later I went down to look for an apple for DH. They only had chips, etc so the front desk agent told me to ask the lounge or restaurant. When I approached a meeting of a staff person and a chef, I was greeted immediately. They said no problem, and one disappeared. Brought out 2 apples, I handed my room key to pay for it and he said not to worry about it. Exceptional service! Especially appreciated as DH was unable to eat anything else really. I made no mention of my ill DH and I would not expect this in the future but it was great to see them focussed on the customer.

I went down later to the restaurant to order a pizza for dinner for myself. Good pizza - enough for 2 - for $13 included 2 canned pops. Pretty good I thought.

The Business Center is 3 systems hooked up to printers in the lobby area, separated by a counter. Amazingly Internet access is $5.95 for 15 minutes and printing is 50 cents a pop. You'd think the prices could be more reasonable or free for this business hotel!!! There is one system available for complimentary flight check-in and printing boarding passes.

The parking is plentiful and free. The walk to the doorway was less than 1 minute, about as far as I'd walk from a grocery store to my car. We didn't check out the pool or fitness center. I didn't think the public areas were too shabby but some places did look a little worn.

Most important elements were excellent: staff service, comfort of bed, quietness of room and clean bathroom. We have to go back next month and I hope we get this place again.

• 8 months later...

We stayed here in August, 2009 for $35 per night. Winning bid found here: Priceline Hyatt Lisle

This is a really great property. We were placed in a King room which was perfect. The room was divided into two sections, one the bed and bath area and the other the living and working area. A TV was on the central island and it swiveled so we could view from the bed or the full-sized fold out couch. The bed was VERY comfortable and my DD and her cousin did not complain about the couch. They also both liked the pool area. There was a coffee maker but we had trouble keeping it stocked with regular coffee. No refrigerator, free breakfast or free internet as expected from this level of property. The staff was very friendly.

The major downside of this hotel is that it is in the middle of nowhere. There is NOTHING within walking distance other than a gas station. The hotel does run a free shuttle to what appeared to be area corporate locations. I believe that you have to book that in advance. There is a nearby Metra train to downtown., but it's over a mile away and not really walkable. My husband tried to get a ride to the station but was told that the shuttle was already "full". Plus, it didn't start running when he wanted to leave at about 6:30 am. I was able to drive him there, but guess he could have taken a cab. It's not a terrible location if you have a car. It's about another 8-10 minutes west of Yorktown mall.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]