Hotwire Hotel: Universal area 4 1/2*

AMickeyfan
By AMickeyfan,
in

Hi this is my first time posting on this board. I have been reading it for about a month now. I have been trying to figure out some of the hotels that come up with Hotwire. I know it is posted on this site (as well as another) that the 4 1/2 * in the Universal area could be the Hard Rock Hotel. I have been checking on Hotwire the last few days & a 4 1/2 * is coming up but dosen't show the children's activites..... what other 4 1/2*'s could this be???????? Anyone have a clue???? It is coming up for 7/17-7/20 & for $84??????

You haven't noticed any pattern to it, have you?

None, except that it's always been a 1/2 star rating change... no jumps by a whole star rating.

When i say fairly often, i guess i should have said 'more frequently than Priceline'.

In a month i've seen about 4 hotels change ratings (which i think is more frequently than Priceline).... 3 have been a rise in rating, 1 has been a drop.

I still feel comfortable with both services, but before i bought on Hotwire, i would probably try to confirm it anyway via the hotel package to make sure that all the amenities and star ratings are still in 'tact'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm starting to feel just as comfortable with Hotwire as Priceline, but was nervous using it the first time, too!

I really like being able to identify suites or kitchenettes for some trips!

And some of Hotwire's zones allow you to better select what you want - Seattle Downtown is a good example of a too-large Priceline zone that includes areas that many would not call downtown at all. At least Hotwire divides it up so that if you want to be near Pike Place, you can pick a hotel in that area! Same with San Diego, the Priceline Coastal zone is huge and includes very diverse areas - Hotwire will give you far better selection ability. There are some higher prices on Hotwire, but people still find some pretty good deals.

I realize now that I can use either/both and a board like this one will help me determine when I might be better off with one or the other.

ilene,

Congrats on your first post at BetterBidding!

I don't know if AMickefFan has actually purchased this hotel (yet), but perhaps s/he will follow up.

I don't think this hotel is the Hard Rock as the amenities didn't match exactly (Children's Activities were missing).

However, as Scorp pointed out, if it's in the proper zone, the hotel is most likely (well, best guess based upon the info we have) the Peabody since everything matched for that property.

Does anyone know if the Peabody is indeed location within the Universal zone? From looking at Hotwire's map of the area and comparing it to the hotel's address on Mapquest, it appears to me that indeed the Peabody is located within the Universal zone (btw, the Peabody's website is quite annoying :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]