Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC MTE MTW

allnole
By allnole,
in

Need some advice on priceline. Staying with some girlfriends in NYC, first trip. We would like to find something to the equivalent of the Millennium UN (one of us has stayed there and said it was a good stay). I'm new to Priceline, but fairly good with message boards, so I thought I'd give this a shot.

Am I missing any info?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You mention 'some girlfriends'... how many are you anticipating per room? Priceline only guarantees double occupancy and trying for more in NYC can be risky, although some are willing to take the risk. HOTWIRE now allows you to search for up to quad occupancy, and there are other options, but let us know how many rooms you need and the occupancy question and we'll advise accordingly.

Lastly, what sort of budget are you anticipating? Are you also willing to accept the UM/CPS zone?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Do you already have a back-up reservation anywhere? Rates are very expensive for these dates and lots of hotels are not available.

I think you're going to have to raise your maximum amount somewhat or lower your star quality.

Closest thing i could currently find is the Millenium UN HERE for an average of $220/nite. This hotel was recently downgraded on Priceline from a 4* to a 3* but is still a 4* on HOTWIRE. The hotel gets very good HOTEL REVIEWS and you can also read the ones HERE, but the downside is that the property is a 'bit east', meaning you'll need to walk a little (under 10 minutes) to get to subways. There is also a bus that passes by the hotel that can take you to more 'lively' areas.

If given rates remain the smae I think this stay will require compromise at some point, the question is where you'd like to concede a little (price, location, star level?). Another option is to SPLIT YOUR BID, and i've already checked and believe you can do substantially better (quality wise) if you are willing to do so... but it will involve changing hotels after the first nite of your stay, something you may or may not be willing to do.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll continue to search further.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Don't mean to jump in on this topic, but two things come to mind about this post that I thought I may pass along to the poster, especially since it's a first time visit to NYC.

1) This isn't a hard-fast rule, but most rooms I get (for two adults) via Priceline for NYC have room to walk around the bed but not much more; am not seeing room for an air mattress on the floor, not even a single.

2) If you're bringing an air mattress, does that mean you're driving in? If so and if it matters to you, be sure to check parking rates at your hotel; that can add another $40 or more per 24 hours.

These things may not always be true but just something to think about....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]