Hotwire Hotel: 3* Miami (South Beach) Hotel Chelsea

TravelGuy
By TravelGuy,
in

Wow, what a shocker.

Hotel Chelsea

944 Washington Avenue - Miami Beach

Amenities: Boutique Hotel, Near Beach, Airport Shuttle, Restaurant(s), Complimentary Breakfast

1 room(s) @ $20.00 per night x 1 night(s) $20.00

Hotel Taxes and fees: $20.95

Hotel Subtotal $40.95

Additional Savings $10.00 (giftcard06)

Total Price $30.95

Same rate looks to be good every Tuesday in April only.

But $20.95 in taxes and fees on a $20 purchase? What a scam! Shame on you Hotwire!

$135 on thehotelchelsea.com

That is one nice win!

This HOTEL REVIEW and THESE make it seem like it's not a Hyatt, but you're sure to get your $20 worth!

While this may or may not be a pricing error, the $20 in taxes and fees most certainly is, but i wouldn't bring it to their attention as even with the higher than usual fee/taxes this is still a great deal and i wouldn't bring it to their attention for further scrutiny.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Funny thing about this post is I did a Hotwire search today looking for a hotel in South Beach & found a " Customer Favorite" 4 star for $117.00 a night for 3 nights. ( Crown Plaza). I went to book & saw they are charging $120.95 in taxes & fees for 3 nights bringing the cost per day to $160.00 a night. Is this a computer error or did they find a new way to sell rooms ( with inflated taxes & fees)? Has anyone booked this hotel & paid less in taxes & fees? Does this include any resort charges?

I think TG commented that this is avaiable on Tuesdays in the month of April and i would believe that this is not likely the intended price.

There appears to be an error in the taxes for South Beach given the above two examples of extrodinary taxes and fees being charged... we've seen this before and it was eventually remedied (only after two requests by a hotwire customer service rep trying to pass it up the food chain).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've decided this isn't a pricing error. Hotwire now has not only the Chelsea, but the Chesterfield and Shelley - 2 more South Beach Group hotels - at $20 for every Tuesday, not only in April but May as well. Taxes and fees are still bloated. I've seen something like this before, Tuesday only in shoulder/off season for real cheap, but offered only directly through the South Beach Hotel Group website. I tried a 2* bid on Priceline for the minimum bid of $17 (where Hotel Shelley is a 2*) for Tuesday 5/24 and was rejected. Upped to $20 and rejected as well, so this must be a Hotwire exclusive.

You may be right, but it's also possible that the dates (Tuesday) selected causes the price to be shown as $20 for the hotels in question, while the taxes and fees are computed based upon the 'real' amount, which is why they appear to be so out of wack.

Regardless of the reason... we should enjoy and take advantage of the low rates!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]