Problem using Hotwire to book a hotel

IBDP
By IBDP,
in

I use Hotwire frequently with no problems, until now. I chose a 4* hotel in the Historic District that was priced at $68.00 (Of course I knew the hotel was the Hyatt at Penn's Landing because I read this board faithfully.)

I clicked "continue" which brought me to the page stating the total price with fees and all; clicked "continue" again which took me to the guest information page; clicked "continue" to go to payment page, when all of a sudden my screen went haywire as Hotwire changed the price to $149.00, DOUBLE what I had "purchased". I of course did not continue but accessed customer service where I sent an email telling of the problem; got an AUTO reply stating they would get back to me within two hours; it is now thefollowing day at noon, no response. Has anyone had this problem? Is there any advice to give me as to what to do about this?

Thank you in advance

Donna

Never seen it happen... what were the dates of your search?

Had you searched for this date combination recently in the past? It is possible that the lower rates was available but has since increased. HOTWIRE or your ISP could have cached the results thus showing you the 'old screen' when you searched again, but when taking it the next step you were given a 'fresh' screen and the updated price.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No, I actually have not tried to reserve this combination previously. The dates were March 29th to March 30, hotel in Historic District of Philadelphia. Again, what surprieses me is that the price was $68.00, I believe, until the 3rd stage of the purchase, then the screen gave way to the other screen with the $149.00 price. What is more frustrating is that I have contacted Hotwire by Email; they claim to get back to you within 2 hours...it's been over 2 days and no reply from them, though I again forwarded my complaint. I'm very disillusioned at tis point.

Regards,

Donna

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]