Hotwire Hotel: 2* Harrisonburg Super 8

satzx
By satzx,
in

I have bought a 2 * on hotwire for Harrisonburg,va. They gave me a super 8 motel which is rated as 1 * on priceline and is listed for less,

with out bidding.

Their star rating is misleading and called them twice but to no avail.

They are saying that when you goto the hotel and find the room bad, you can call them and they will help you out.

I don't know what they really do to help you out.

Their star rating is based on the average for Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia. This is a motel and bad reviews all over.

Thinking of booking another hotel on PRICELINE and give this one.

This is my first bad experience with HOTWIRE.

Please share the details of your purchase with the board. As per Our Rules and Policies:

Please post your win to the board, including star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate, dates and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Then reply to this thread and we'll comment on your situation above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the results.

2* is the lowest star rating offered by HOTWIRE's opaque service, so this is as low of a star rating they can assign this property. As well, i haven't checked the average star rating thru the other services, but i'm assuming that some rate this 2* and that the average does merit a 2* rating?

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks again for the follow up with the amenities, maybe this will help others avoid this property, and sorry that you got a bad apple here. I would absolutely complain to HOTWIRE in the form of an email, if enough folks complain, this can raise a red flag and cause a property to be re-evaluated and downgraded. If it gets downgraded, you may be entitled to some hot dollars towards a future stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]