Hyatt Faster Free Nights promotion

zbenye
By zbenye,
in

Hyatt, the hotel chain friendliest to PL customers, recognizes PL stays in its FFN promotion, so be sure to present your Gold Passport card when you check in, and pay for the incidentals with your MasterCard. You must incur an incidental charge (a $1 phone call will do).

My first FFN earned night appeared on my account today.

http://www.goldpassport.com/ffn4/ffn4.asp?...ssnav=1&gpnav=4

A question ... my parents and brother each have two Hyatt's reserved but only one has a master card ... must the incidentals be on separate MC's or can they use the same one??? Also, if each night was booked seperately through PL (4 winning bids), than does that count as four stays ... do they need to check in and check out twice if that would work???

Thanks

The hotel probably wants to see the guest's name on the credit card. Assuming your brother's name is on the card, will the hotel accept it for your parents' room as well? If they do - you win because I'm sure neither Hyatt nor MasterCard mind. But if both rooms are booked under one name, only one will count toward FFN (and stay credit/miles, for that matter). That's only my understanding, of course.

I couldn't find it on Hyatt's website, but from my experience at Hyatt hotels I can tell you for sure that all consecutive nights at one hotel are considered one stay. Checking out and checking back in on the same day at the same hotel does not interrupt the stay. Which is why this month I'm alternating between the Hyatt Regency and the Park Hyatt here in SF. The free nights justify paying the higher cost of the Park for a few nights. All-in-all I stand to earn 4 or 5 free nights :-)

The rule regarding multiple consecutive stays counting as one is also stated on American Airlines' website:

"A stay is defined as all consecutive nights at one hotel, even if member checks out and checks back in during a stay..."

A couple of notes to zbenye's post (and thanks again for the reminder) :)

You need to be registered for the promotion BEFORE your arrival date(s). If you stay and are not registered you won't receive credit.

On the credit card issue, the following is from the Hyatt FFN Terms and Conditions:

To qualify, you must be a Gold Passport member, sign up for the promotion, provide your Gold Passport account number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest, pay an eligible rate, and make full payment on a valid MasterCard card for each separate stay. One free night will be awarded for every two (2) stays between June 1 and August 31, 2003 at participating Hyatt Hotels and Resorts worldwide as long as your check-in date is on or before August 31, 2003. Stays at Hawthorn Suites do not apply toward Faster Free Nights Award(s). Only one credit will be given per member, per stay, regardless of the number of rooms. Stay means one or more consecutive nights at any participating hotel, whether or not the guest checks out and back in during such period. Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Award stays do not qualify.

It sounds like, as long as the payment is made with a valid MasterCard, it shouldn't matter whose MasterCard is used.

In addition, the person staying in each room must have their own individual Gold Passport account - you can't credit both rooms to a single GP account.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]