Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Hyatt Islandia

Mossad
By Mossad,
in

Hello,

First time user here,

I'm looking at booking a hotel (preferrably along the beach) in San Diego.

check in May 25

chech out May 28.

Hotwire has a 4* coastal

*customer favorite, 114/night

-retaurant

-pool

-fitness center

-tennis nearby

-business center

Any ideas what this may be? Also, is this a good price or do you think I can wait and get cheaper as the date nears?

Thanks

My list shows it as the Hyatt Regency La Jolla. That hotel is not "near" the beach. It's in a beautiful area, across the street from UTC, a really nice mall. It's probably a 5 minute drive to the beach. And there will probably be a $20 per night parking fee.

If you want a hotel along the beach, I generally have better luck in the Shelter Island, Mission Bay, Harbor Island, or Coronado areas. My general rule of thumb, and my experience, is that if it doesn't show a beach or oceanfront icon, it's a car ride away and the view from the hotel doesn't include water

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies,

Ended up winning a bid on priceline for $90 a night at the Hyatt Islandia in Mission Bay. I am fairly happy with this considering this hotel is going for at least $200 on the same nights on other searches. However, I had read some reviews and they are mixed with many people saying that does not compare to any other 4* Hyatt and is of a much lesser quality then you can expect for Hyatt. Also this rate includes a garden terrace room, not a tower room. Is this a good win?

Also, I am just curious to know if this area is in fact in the "san diego coastal" area as priceline says it is. The hotel is in fact called Mission Bay Hyatt Islandia. As well, this hotel is ranked 3.5* on many other travel booking websites. Any chance on calling priceline and complaining that I didn't receive what I bid for based on these arguments?

Thanks for the help

This hotel is in the Coastal zone. I don't think you'll have much success arguing the star rating as Priceline does not use a 3.5* in their rating system, so they'll say those feel it's more of a 4* than a 3*.

Was this your first bid in this zone or were you rejected at lower levels prior to this win? (what wa the highest bid you were rejected at?)

Let us know your own thoughts after your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]