Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental Barclay

IBDP
By IBDP,
in

Hotels are so ridiculously priced in the City. It is difficult to get something decent under $200.00 , but I think I did it with the Intercontinental Barclay; It is in the area we need to be and also like very much...would prefer the Central Park hotels, but they are running $300.00 and up!!!

I used Thereuare's Feb. 16th strategy called Select, Bid, Bid free zone, Bid free zone #2; close the browser and open again to start round two. After maybe 4 rounds of this, finally prevailed.

Thanks again, Thereuare. Oh, while am writing, a have one tiny little ? for you. Why am I virtually the only member with a blue envelope with what seems to be a circle in a darker color on it. This icon is not even described in the list. Was I a bad girl. Am I on probation? Just kidding, but I am very curious.

Thanks

IBDP (Donna)

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear it worked out within your price range and you got an area that works well for your plans.

Do you recall the bid previous to this acceptance which included the MTE zone (assuming there was one?) Interestingly the hotel currently shows a sold-out condition thru their WEBSITE.

As far at the 'ominous' blue envelope with a dot in the middle of it... where are you seeing this?

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

As I recall, the bid prior to the winning bid was a bid of $170.00 for UM/CPS and MTE; I was offerred to raise my bid by $25.00 at that time in order to get a hotel; declined and instead included Upper West zone and raised my bid to $180.00-Accepted. I also noticed that the hotel is sold out on the website. Do you think I will be involved in the "walk" process which I recently read about in Betterbidding.com?

The blue envelope with the dot shows up whenever my name is on the list of new entries. It sticks out like a sore thumb because all the others on the list are plain blue or plain pink. I don't mind; it's great to be different-just curious.

Kind regards,

Donna

The black dot on the envelope is used to designate posts which you have either started or replied to... so although it appears as a black dot on your screen, it doesn't necessaily appear as such on everyone elses (unless they started or replied to the thread). Likewise others have their own black dots which don't appear as such on your screen.

So as you put it they 'stick out like a sore thumb' but this is by design so you can easily find threads which you are active in. :)

The color difference in case anyone doesn't know is that all threads are given blue envelopes until they become 'hot topics' (i think it's 10 posts within the thread, i forget the setting chosen when the board first started) at which point they turn red (or pink, if you prefer).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]