Priceline allowed cancellation with full refund

Liset
By Liset,
in

I had plans tonight for theatre and a night in a hotel in Madison, WI with my daughter who is visiting home from college. Unfortunately I woke up ill -- nothing serious but not something that would make a three hour drive wise. :)

While I fully expected to eat the cost, I called PRICELINE customer service to explain the circumstances. I began by very politely stating that I am a loyal customer who understands and respects their cancellation policy, but wondered if there was *anyway* we could work together. I asked if we could work with the Sheraton to honor my reservation for next week, allow me to rebid, cancel with a penalty, etc. or anything else they might suggest. The customer service rep immediately reiterated their no-cancellation policy, said that unfortunately the reservation couldn't be changed for another, but under the extenuating circumstances they would give a full refund. I thanked him profusely, told him I understood they were making a rare exception to their policy and offered that I would never ask again. (In addition to my humility, my seven August PRICELINE nights might have helped!)

Thanks to PRICELINE and the theatre that exchanged the tickets (albeit with a far greater hassle) the mother/daughter night is on for next weekend.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]