Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis-St Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) Hyatt

veinteuno
By veinteuno,
in

Was just trying to get a summary that would maybe help people who are trying to get a high end hotel in downtown Minneapolis or St Paul. I unfortunately discovered this site after getting my first win on Priceline a few weeks ago. Fortunately, I only paid $50 for my 4 star room (about $62 after fees), which was the Hyatt. For what it's worth, it seems that if you are issuing a lowball bid for a 4 star hotel, you have a high likelihood of getting the Hyatt, which is not a bad hotel per se, but it is kind of dated for a 4 star hotel (the room I stayed in had an old tube-style tv, not flatscreen). However, I did notice that someone entered a higher bid (like $90) and got the W hotel. So I'm wondering, is that a fluke? Because if I bidded $90 and got the Hyatt, I would be disappointed. Is there some truth to a more aggressive 4 star hotel bid getting you a nicer 4 star hotel in the MSP area?

As far as downtown St Paul, I believe the only 4 star is the St Paul Hotel. I attempted to bid this hotel up to $95, and stopped after that. The hotel is a great one, and without any competition, I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect you will score a deeply discounted deal on this hotel.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages, and also please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so this thread can appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Regarding the Hyatt vs. W Hotel (or other 4* rated hotels in the zone) see this thread: Don't Bid High For a Specific Hotel

If you're willing to pay a little more in hopes of avoiding a particular property, you could use HOTWIRE where you may be able to avoid a specific hotel you'd rather not stay in (ie- if the hotel you're hoping to avoid doesn't have a Pool, you can 'safely' buy any hotel showing the Pool icon, even if you're not able to ID the property beforehand)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]